Joy to the podcast world, we hope your holidays are going great!
In the spirit of the season, we decided to pull a Mariah Carey with this week’s newsletter, and find out everything that the PM community wants for their podcast this holiday season. We asked the community Facebook group what their “wants” were, and compiled some of our favorites:
“A few good guests!” -Esta Fiesta, Poised n Polished
“..a million more downloads..” -Tim Lewis, Begin Self Publishing
“Sponsorships” -Kathy Reagan Young, FUMS: Giving Multiple Sclerosis The Finger
“A few honest, hungry listeners to give it a chance” -Matt Ham, Whole Life Matters
“Zoom H6” -Teer Hardy, Brewing Theology with Teer
“To be featured in New & Noteworthy!” -Patrice Washington, Redefining Wealth
“Money” -Alaska Jayne, Murder Under The Midnight Sun: True Crime Stories From Alaska & Beyond podcast
“iTunes reviews lol” -Alina Brown, Wellness Geek
“A few more hours in the day so that I could try out that sleep thing everyone’s talking about!” -Tyler Allen, Minds of Madness
“Network Neutrality” -Gordon Firemark, Entertainment Law Update
Haven’t answered yet? Please feel free to share your answer with the group as well… and we promise no coal for your stocking!
Tis the season to be jolly
The holiday season is about a lot of things, and one of the most important is holiday cheer! If you’re looking for some extra, and there’s no egg nog handy, check out this hilarious video. You’ve got to watch until the end!
Elf on the Shelf (aka Podcast Articles, Happenings and Tips)
- One of our favorite things about podcasting is that you can literally podcast about anything, for any reason. We see that in action this week, as Duolingo has launched a Spanish Podcast for English speakers who are learning Spanish.
- Nielsen continues to help us learn more about our podcasts’ listeners. The most recent study they released explores brand lift across different measures, and it’s more good news for us!
- Caching has been a common practice online for years, and has not been foreign to podcasting either. But there are a number of effects that it has on our industry specifically, and Triton just put out a whitepaper that takes a deep dive into the subject.
- We’ve seen a lot of traditional radio broadcasters making their way into the podcasting space…and for good reason! Not the least of which was written about this week by the team at Jacob’s Media: evergreen content!
- It’s the end of the year, and in podcasting that always brings us a slew of “best of” lists. This week we found one a bit out-of-the-ordinary…we think you’ll like Podmass’ podcast superlatives of 2017.
What’s that, you want to know what WE want for Christmas?
ALL WE WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU (to come to Podcast Movement 2018)!
Register for the lowest possible price, PLUS get an exclusive (free) PM Holiday Shirt, between now and December 26. Don’t miss it!
Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet,
That’s the Podcast Movement Team rock
The Podcast Movement team consists of all your friends, new and old, from Podcast Movement. You never know who might pop in with some funny, cool, or far out content JUST FOR YOU!