PM19 Technical Track, NASA offers an awesome opportunity to PM19 attendees, New Speaker Announcements and Industry/Community Updates!
Greetings PM Family,
One of our all-time favorite movies is the Princess Bride. We don’t condone bullying, but when it comes to Peter Cook’s Impressive Clergyman, you can’t help but chuckle.
The clergyman is romantic and clueless during Prince Humperdinck and Buttercup’s wedding. Check out this iconic scene.
June has traditionally been the most popular month for weddings in the US. There are a number of reasons for this, ranging from traditions to folklore to etiquette (you can read some of that here if you like). June also brings breaks from school, and from dangerous winter weather, which helps guests make the trip from out of town to be in attendance.
And let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a good celebration? Weddings are a great time to celebrate. Podcast Movement also happens to have a lot to celebrate this week. We plan to share more about the Technical Track at PM19, share an exciting offering that NASA has for a handful of PM attendees, and discuss some updates from our industry and community.
Let’s get stawwted!
PM19 Technical Track: Presented By Podcast Engineering School
We are proud to have Podcast Engineering School as the sponsor for this year’s Technical Track at PM19. Chris Curran is the owner and operator of Podcast Engineering School. He created a compelling preview of all the technical track presentations that will happen at the conference this summer in Orlando, where he spoke briefly with each speaker on this episode of his Podcast Engineering Show.
What does the Technical Track at PM19 entail?Podcast Movement 2019 will be home to some of the best technical experts in podcasting. Whether you’re looking for ways to podcast from mobile devices, trying to figure out what plugs into where, or need a few handy tips on editing your content like a pro—you’ll find sessions on various topics throughout the week.
What speakers are featured on the Technical Track and what will their topics be? Here is a sample of those already announced:
- “Painting Stories with Sound – Podcast Editing for Beginners” presented by Nick Dunkerley from Hindenburg.
- “Podcasting Systems: The 3 Key Automated Systems Podcast Hosts and Guests Need to Have in Place to Scale” presented by Yann Ilunga.
- “The Most Common Audio Problems in Podcasts and How to Fix Them” presented by Marcus dePaula.
- “People Breathe: The Art of Editing an Interview” presented by Carrie Caulfield Arick.
- “Help Us Help You: Tech Support Tips for Podcasters”presented by a panel including: Mackenzie Bennett (Blubrry), Dave Jackson (Libsyn), Mike Dell (Blubrry) & Shannon Martin (Podbean)
- “Post Production: Effective Tips & Techniques for a Seamless Edit” presented by Sarah Wendel.
- “Great Quality, Low Cost + ROI” presented by Alexis Parris.
- “Advanced Audio Production: Waaay Beyond Just Removing Umms, Etc.” presented by Chris Curran, founder and lead instructor of Podcast Engineering School.
- “5 Steps to Building a Sought-After Podcast Production Company” presented by a panel including: Steve Stewart & Darrell Darnell
- “Skype Alternatives” presented by Jody Maberry
We will release the full PM19 schedule soon, letting you know when and where to find these sessions, as well as panels, breakouts and workshops available on other tracks/stages in the very near future.
NASA Extends a Generous Invite to a Few PM19 Attendees
Our friends at NASA have offered to host some PM19 attendees at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center for a behind-the-scenes tour of the facility and one-on-one interviews with NASA researchers. It will be an epic, full-day event and take place right before conference.
Here are the event details so far:
Date: Monday, August 12
Time: TBA. It will be an all-day event, starting in the late morning and ending around 5 pm ET.
Location: NASA’s Kennedy Space Center
Number of participants: The max number of people is 20 to give the selected participants an even more exclusive experience.
Security: All participants will need to be cleared for access to the facility. The process takes ~14 days for U.S. citizens and ~30 days for non-U.S. citizens.
Applications: Applications from participants will be collected by the team at NASA, who will then extend invites to attend the event. NASA will open up applications this month.
Schedule: TBA. NASA will set aside some time in the schedule for podcasters to interact with their experts (perhaps some astronauts, too) and possibly record segments and interviews for your shows.
We will share more info about this soon!
The Invite List: New Speaker Announcements for PM19
Podcast Movement is pleased to announce additional speakers and panelists. We’re excited to welcome back 2016 PM Keynote speaker Glynn Washington of Snap Judgment, Chuck Bryant of Stuff You Should Know, Jody Avirgan of ESPN’s 30 for 30, Conal Byrne of iHeart, amazing podcasters and industry leaders from Code Switch, NPR, ars Paradoxica, Marsfall, The Feedback, the Far Meridian, Preserve This Podcast, Veritonic, The King Cole Company… and more! We cannot wait to learn from them this summer!
Wedding Favors: Industry and Community Updates
- Podcast Artwork – We asked members of the community to share their podcast artwork with us in this PM Facebook Group post. Please feel free to share your podcast artwork here.
- PM19 Scholarships are available – You can learn more about them here. You must complete the online application no later than Friday, June 14, 2019. Podcast Movement will announce the recipients in the June 19 edition of the newsletter and in our Facebook group.
- Do you write about podcasts, podcasting, or are you thinking about getting into it? – Podcast Movement is upping our content game, and we’d love to chat! Reply to this newsletter, or email [email protected] and let us know!
Pure Bliss: A Little Humor… Very Little
We now pronounce you…
We love our community! We love your efforts to share your voice, create something that matters, and make an impact. We are committed to helping you create a match made in Heaven with all of the responsibilities and opportunities related to your show.
For Better or Worse, Team PM
“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at Podcast Movement 2019, the world’s largest gathering of podcasters? LET US KNOW!