NAB Show, Community Updates and Strategic Partners
Greetings PM Family,
April is here, and the huge #PM19 event is approaching soon. We’re going “all in” for this week’s newsletter with a Las Vegas theme! Why is that? Yes, Podcast Movement loves Elvis, but we will also be visiting Sin City this April and May for the epic NAB Show, and for StarrCast II. We’ll share more about those events, plus several meetups coming to the southeast, community updates, and we hit the slots with some of our closest friends.
How About a Comp? How about a free expo hall pass at the NAB Show!
Podcast Movement is pleased to partner with NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) again this year. Our team is leading a few sessions, and organized a few more, all on podcasting of course! Plus we’ll be hosting a podcast mixer, as well as a PM Community Meetup. You are welcome to join us! Please use promo code “PR13” to register for a free expo hall pass, or check out some of the individual events below.
- PM Community Meetup in Las Vegas – The team will be in town on Tuesday evening, April 9, and we’d love to hang out! Join us at ReBAR starting at 7 pm. Good drinks, great food, networking, and fun! We can’t wait to see you there!
- How to Grow, and Keep, an Audience for Your Podcast – This session on Wednesday discusses marketing techniques, social media strategies, engaging your existing listeners, and more. It features Dr. Colleen Mullen, Gagun Nirula, Dot Cannon and Chef Annette White.
- Podcasters Speak 1: The New Voices of Podcasting – This informative chat on Wednesday includes decision makers from three of the most significant new players in podcasting.
The presentation is part one of a two-part session. It features moderator
Pam Covarrubias, with panelists Will Pearson, Owen Grover and Zachary Davis.
- Podcasters Speak 2: The Trusted Voices of Podcasting – This discussion on Wednesday covers what it will take for podcasting to continue the upward growth.
The presentation is part two, also moderated by
Pam Covarrubias, and features panelists Todd Cochrane, Rob Walch, and Rob Greenlee.
- Podcast Mixer – Open to all registered NAB attendees (even the free expo pass)! Wednesday, April 10 from 5 – 6 pm.
Hosted by Podcast Movement near the
Podcasting Pavilion in Central Hall.
Double or Nothing: Starrcast II – Podcast Movement Live Stages at Tuscany
Podcast Movement is proud to team up with the world’s largest convention for wrestling fans: Starrcast, to host two main stages for live podcasting at the Tuscany in Las Vegas, May 24 through the 26. Each stage is for pro-wrestling podcasts, and we have a limited number of stage slots that we can offer to members of the Podcast Movement community. If you’d like to be considered, fill out this form form no later than April 30.
Cruisin’ the Strip: Community Updates
- PM19 Speaker Announcements – The speaker announcements for PM19 are coming soon! We are in the process of sending out the e-mails to everyone that applied with their status. If you applied, keep an eye out TODAY. And if you’re just waiting patiently to see who will be taking the stage, next week’s newsletter is for you!
- See You TOMORROW in New York – We’re back in the Big Apple this Thursday night with an awesome meetup, and you’re invited. All the info is here.
- Upcoming PM Meetups – PM Community Meetups are happening in a number of different cities over the next several weeks. We mentioned the Las Vegas and NYC meetups above, but we are also planning meetups in the Southeast US this coming June. We do not have all of the details for each city yet, but please feel free to mark your calendars and/or invite your podcaster friends in these areas.
- If you are looking to be a guest on podcasts – If you’ve ever thought that being a guest on podcasts would be a great way to spread the word about your product, your service, or yourself…YOU’RE RIGHT! The PRE CON EVENT: Podcast Guest Speed Dating is designed to help you meet as many podcasters who are looking for guests as possible, in a controlled and organized environment. This 90-minute session will take place on August 13, the day before Podcast Movement kicks off, and is extremely limited in space. Note: This is an add-on to your PM19 registration, and you’ll select it during checkout.
- PM19 Suitcasing / Outboarding Policy – With Podcast Movement 2019 fastly approaching, we are getting all kinds of questions about doing events in conjunction with PM, so we wanted to give a friendly reminder about some of our conference ground rules to ensure that everyone gets the best out of their PM19 experience.
Have you heard of the terms
“Suitcasing” and “Outboarding”? While they may sound like a new travel show or extreme sport, these are serious conference faux pas that we hope everyone will avoid.
Joker’s Wild – A little Podcast Humor
Over/Under: Vegas is More Fun with Friends…
Las Vegas is typically a place to visit as a couple, or with friends. PM19 is a great conference to attend with a significant other, friends or solo, but we must admit that none of it could occur without friends of the podcast community and event.
A large conference can be a big gamble from an organization point of view. Our strategic partners not only keep Podcast Movement happening every year but also help ensure that the event maintains high quality.
We can’t name all of our partners in this newsletter, but we thought it would be appropriate to showcase a few of them. You can learn more about them here, and we’ll feature additional partners in coming newsletters.
We are looking forward to finally sharing speaker announcements starting next week. We hope to see you online, or at some of the upcoming community meetups in the meantime. Most importantly, we want to see you this summer at Podcast Movement.
Remember: What happens in Vegas… may end up on a podcast,
“Podcast Movement is like Las Vegas for Podcasters, but you never lose, and less Elvis impersonators.” – Gary Leland
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at Podcast Movement 2019, the world’s largest gathering of podcasters? LET US KNOW!