PM Central is the Place to Be at PM18
If Podcast Movement were a wheel, the hub would be PM Central! PM Central is where most of the action will take place during the event! What does PM Central include?
- The Networking Lounge (presented by Acuity Scheduling) – You have probably heard that connections and conversations in the hallways are one of the best takeaways from an event like PM. We agree with this, but Podcast Movement does not limit these opportunities to the corridors. The Networking Lounge provides a comfortable and convenient location to converse with fellow attendees. It is central to the exhibit hall, close to several of the top breakout session rooms, and right next to the free coffee station. The PM18 app has an impressive feature that allows you to request and make appointments with your fellow attendees (See below to download). The Networking Lounge is a great spot to meet for these appointments or to talk with a newcomer or a podcast veteran.
- PM18 Exhibit Hall – The best products and services in the entire podcasting world will be on display at Podcast Movement. You will have plenty of time on Tuesday and Wednesday to check out the exhibitors, and meet the teams in person. We also have a scavenger hunt organized through the PM18 App that will allow you to network with our exhibitors, and possibly win a fabulous prize. You can download the app now from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) store. We look forward to interacting with you on the app! (Note your login email address will be the one you registered with on Eventbrite)
- The Podcast Pavilion (presented by Talkshoe) – We announced the Podcast Pavilion in last week’s newsletter. If you have not signed up for your time slot, you will want to do that asap. CLICK HERE to learn more, grab your spot, plus have the chance to win a Heil PR40 microphone setup! Don’t delay, as the pavilion time slots fill up quickly every year!
- PM Midway (presented by Podcasters Paradise and Poductivity) – We are pumped to unveil the new PM Midway for the first time! We mentioned that networking opportunities are something that Podcast Movement take very seriously. This year we bring you a recreation area next to the exhibit hall to enjoy as a part of the networking process. The PM Midway will feature games, including:
- Air Hockey
- Pop A Shot Basketball
- Arcade Games
- Giant Jenga
- Giant Connect 4
You are welcome to enjoy some games with your colleagues and friends (old and new) Tuesday through Thursday. We anticipate that this will be a great addition, and look forward to you having some fun!
ConvertKit (now known as SEVA) presents the E-mail Marketing for Podcasters Workshop
On Monday, July 23 before PM18 officially kicks off, we're excited to be partnering with the team at ConvertKit (SEVA) for a pre-conference workshop designed to teach you “Email Marketing for Podcasters.”
This immersive workshop will split into two main sessions covering both beginner and advanced email marketing strategies. Expect to learn why some of the most influential podcasters use email, and more specifically, ConvertKit (SEVA), to monetize their influence.
This workshop is only for people attending Podcast Movement, and Pre-Registration is required. Register Here.
Podcasters of Color Meetup, plus over a dozen other PM Community Meetups around Philly
Podcast Movement encourages community meetups while at the event, including the official PM18 Podcasters of Color meetup hosted by Donald Kelly and Stephen Hart. This informal meetup will take place at the 13 Restaurant Bar (located on the lobby level) on Wednesday, July 25 from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm. You are welcome to email Donald for more info.
Check out the full meetup list, and feel free to submit your own, here.
TWO BIG ALERTS FOR REGISTERED PM18 ATTENDEES
We've lowered childcare costs at PM18:
For the past few years attendees have requested childcare to be offered at the event, and this year we have full coverage available to you all four days. However so far, enrollment has been low, so we'd like to help by cutting the cost of enrollment in half.
The host hotel is SOLD OUT (under our block)
We've been warning for weeks, and have been adding rooms to our hotel block fast and furious. However the hotel alerted us last week that they are close to capacity, so would not be allowing any more bookings under our discount.
Your three main options at this point are to:
- Register directly with the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, and pay the current market price (they're even making us do this for our remaining internal rooms).
- Book one of the hotels within walking distance.
- Make use of our handy-dandy roommate finder, AKA our Room Share Document, which can be found below.
Sticking with our 4th of July theme… here is some podcast news to continue the parade!
- Inalienable Rights – Our friends at Nielsen shared a study that looks at the spending habits of podcast listeners when it comes to holiday necessities like barbecue sauce, ketchup, and sunscreen!
- This Land is Your Land – If you're coming to Philly for #PM18, check out this guide from our friends at Aweber, who are based in Philly! We also have another excellent Philly guide put together from PM family member Brian Adoff.
- Francis Scott Room-Key – The PM18 Host Hotel is at capacity. Our room block is full and has been for about a week. The hotel is even charging Podcast Movement staff the public price for any additional rooms we need to add! What does this mean? It means that you can check out the roomshare doc if you are open to a roommate at the Marriott, or you are welcome to seek alternate accommodations outside of the host hotel…there are a few other great options a short walk away!
We hope that you safely enjoy this holiday with friends and family if you are in the United States. If not, we hope that you continue to enjoy the freedom that podcasting allows you to share your message.
Life, Liberty, and the Pod-suit of Happiness,
“Freedom lies in being bold.” –Robert Frost
The Podcast Movement team consists of all your friends, new and old, from Podcast Movement. You never know who might pop in with some funny, cool, or far out content JUST FOR YOU!