Before we get to this week’s newsletter, we wanted to take a quick moment to wish all of our US based community members a Happy Thanksgiving (and for those who live anywhere else, happy “week of US based community members posting food pictures and stories)!
We’ve got a Thanksgiving registration special for those of you not yet registered for Podcast Movement, complete with free T-Shirt! You can read about it at the end of the newsletter.
Where we’ve been
Since we first launched PM in 2014, we’ve tried our best to give back to others in the community, aside from just the conference. PM was a proud supporter of DC Podfest again this past month, as a sponsor for the attendee bags! Congrats to PM family member Jennifer Crawford and the team for putting together another high quality event!
In the Facebook Group
The PM Community Facebook group continues to foster conversations surrounding podcast tips, industry trends as well as solving unique challenges that every podcaster runs into along the way.
- Dan Franks asks Is anyone doing anything special with their podcast for Thanksgiving? and got some funny, and some smart, answers!
“Yep.. I did a “Diabetes Thanksgiving Survival Guide” a round table of adults with type 1 to give advice (and have a lot of laughs) about what happens around the table. My show is (obviously) about T1D” – Stacy Simms
“We recorded our last week and we’re putting it out at midnight. We’re a comedy based Relationship podcast so for the first half we told the legend of Pocahontas via the Disney movie, then I play the drunk uncle who ruined thanksgiving with all the facts and the true story for the second half.” – Josh Kuykendall
“Thanksgiving is much like degrees Fahrenheit, or podcasts in Google Play Music, or thinking 3/12 means a day in March. It’s something that the rest of the world doesn’t have.” – James Cridland
- Daniel J. Lewis explains Why You Should NOT Publish Audio on YouTube, and it started quite the discussion!
- A discussion about Net Neutrality broke out, and we heard different perspectives on what it could mean for the podcast industry.
Other podcast articles & happenings
- USA Today recommended some of their favorite Thanksgiving podcasts for your holiday drive. Check out the ones from PM alumni speakers Dan Pashman and Nora Mcinerny.
- Jon Levy on Inc.com gives 4 reasons why starting a podcast can help you stand out from other job candidates and competitors.
- Our friends at Podbean and Samson let us know they’re doing another free gear giveaway. No purchase necessary, but you can win a kit that includes a microphone, mic stand, USB mixer, headphones and more. Hurry up, your last chance to enter is December 15!
The PM18 “Thanksgiving/Black Friday Sale” is happening now, and ends on Monday!
REGISTER FOR PODCAST MOVEMENT by November 27 to not only get the lowest possible price, but to get one of our exclusive PM18 Holiday Shirts!
Happy Thanksgiving (or if you don’t celebrate, then Happy Wednesday)!
The Podcast Movement team