The Full PM19 Schedule, Scholarship Recipients for PM19, The Creation Track sponsored by Himalaya, and Community Updates
Greetings PM Family,
Our theme for today's newsletter is toys! Toys are a blast. They help individuals of all ages learn valuable problem-solving skills. Children can use toys to explore object durability. Objects such as blocks help teach and build motor skills. Playing with toys is one physical activity which helps with growth.
Podcast Movement loves all types of personal and professional growth. We are committed to helping every member of this community to grow. One of our favorite opportunities is to bring the best experience under one roof to share with attendees
We subscribe to the mindset that the community is wiser than the individual. It is incredible what we can learn from each other, regardless of category and level of skill. Industry insiders can learn from independent podcasters. Broadcasters can teach valuable skills while also gaining new insights for the future of audio from the podcast community.
Today we share the full PM19 schedule, scholarship recipients for PM19, the Creation Track sponsored by Himalaya, New Speaker Announcements, and Industry/Community Updates!
Shall we proceed? The magic eight ball says “It is Certain”.
Bringing all of the Pieces Together: The Full PM19 Schedule
*** Please note that while we do our best to provide a complete and accurate schedule, certain circumstances might cause there to be slight changes prior to this year’s Podcast Movement. ***
The PM19 Schedule is Live!
We are proud to finally bring to you the nearly complete schedule for this summer’s big event! With over 150 sessions, panels, workshops and keynotes, we will not even try to list them all here. You can view them all via the Conference Schedule page on the website. You can start marking your favorites now, and don’t forget to check in on the latest update of amazing speakers taking the stages!
If you’ve not yet registered, you may want to consider getting a pass that includes the Virtual Ticket when you do. As you know, it is impossible to attend all of the sessions, so the next best strategy is to plan which presentation you will attend in person, and which ones you will make plans to view later on with the Virtual Ticket! And if you can’t make it to Orlando, you can get the Virtual Ticket as a standalone pass!
We are excited to hear which sessions you are planning to attend in person. Please feel free to share this with us in the Podcast Movement Community group on Facebook.
Surprise! PM19 Scholarship Recipients
Surprise to the following PM Community Members…
In 2018, Podcast Movement launched a new scholarship program to give a deserving few new podcasters, who are not able to afford to attend on their own, the opportunity to win a scholarship to attend the full event in Orlando, and also act as brand ambassadors for PM19.
We had nearly 100 podcasters send us their scholarship applications, but we could only choose 20 scholarship recipients. That said – it’s time to announce the community members selected for scholarships to Podcast Movement 2019 in Orlando this summer.
Shireen Lakhani – Urdu Seekhiye
Kate Youmans – Scoring Magic
Nikki Davis – Almost Happy
Lauren Morris – She Woke Up Dope
BJ Keeton – Geek to Geek Podcast
Scott Cooper – Millennial Nerds
Marcus Vaughn – The Jig is Up
Claude Call – How Good It Is
Hayley Luckadoo – Females on Fire
Luis Martin – Studio Confessions
Wendy Dorsey – Dopeish
Alejandro Vargas Padilla – El Show de Alejo Vargas
Michelle McArdle – SoFlo Weird Show
Sharita Murphy – SMH Podcast
Joy Boyd – Bringing Joy to Life
Liz Alarcon – Between Two Worlds
Larry Duncan – Lyfting With Larry… What's Your Story
Noni Limar – All Heart Podcast
Inita Ammons – Rambles
Tyjuana Wilson – Single and Happy in Charlotte
The Creation Track at PM19 – presented by Himalaya
We are proud to have Himalaya as the sponsor for this year's Creation Track at PM19!
Himalaya is a highly rated and reviewed podcast app and hosting company for thousands of podcasts. You can learn more here.
What does the Creation Track at PM19 entail?
Podcast Movement 2019 will be home to some of the best podcast creation experts on the planet. Whether you’re creating a show from scratch or looking for ways to improve, this track will teach you everything you need to know about the ins and outs of podcasting. There will be sessions for both beginners and professionals that will help you and your show, including the art of storytelling and how to conduct great interviews.
What speakers are featured on the Creation Track and what will their topics be? Here is a sample of those already announced:
- “You Don't Need a Network: Inside an Indie Podcast Collective” presented by Amanda McLoughlin, Brandon Grugle, Eric Silver, Eric Schneider, Julia Schifini, and Mike Schubert from Multitude Productions
- “Podfunding: how to build a creative, profitable, and impactful podcast business” presented by Jake Shapiro from Radiopublic, Nicola Korzenko from Podfund, Erica Mandy from the Newsworthy, and Juleyka Lantigua-Williams from the 70 Million podcast.
- “Podcasting Basics 1 – The Creative Side” presented by Aaron Mahnke from Lore.
- “What (or Who) Makes a Hit Podcast: Analyzing the Personas of the Best Radio and Podcast Hosts” presented by Conal Byrne from iHeart Media.
- “The Top 10 Interview Mistakes Podcast Hosts Make” presented by John Lee Dumas from EOFire.
- “Fishing for your Niche – How following a few simple rules of fishing can help you develop, engage your audience and grow your show.” presented by Clay Groves from Fish Nerds.
- “Doing It Live and Making it Wepa!” presented by Rosangel Perez, Alexandra Perez and Ruth Guten from Cafecito Break
- “10 Ways to Cut Production Time—While Boosting Quality” presented by Rich Jones from Paychecks and Balances and Pete Mockaitis from How to Be Awesome at Your Job.
- “How to Make the Most of a Niche Podcast” presented by Bryan Orrfrom Blue Collar Roots Network
- “Two Minutes To Greatness – Creating a Clear Podcast Opening That Makes Listeners Stick Around” presented by Joe Saul-Sehyfrom Stacking Benjamins
- “Overcoming Overwhelm: How to Create Systems For Your Podcast” presented by Kate Erickson from Kate's Take and EOFire
- “Developing a Podcast that Resonates with Your Listener” presented by Jon Street and Jacob Bozarth from Resonate Recordings
- “Developing a Game Plan for Sports Podcasters” presented by Andrew Jones from StreamGuys, Aaron Berlin from the Orlando Magic, and Deirdre Lester from Barstool Sports
- “How Podcasts Create a Win-Win for Organizations and Listeners” presented by Fred Dews from the Brookings Cafeteria, Jenna Spinelle from Democracy Works, Kay Summers from Big World, and Sultana Ali from After the Fact
Believe it or not, we have more sessions that have not been announced yet for the Creation Track. Please feel free to review the full PM19 schedule which will let you know when and where to find these sessions, as well as panels, breakouts and workshops available on other tracks/stages.
NASA Podcast Tour 2019
Experience a day behind the scenes at NASA's Kennedy Space Center. You must be a registered PM19 attendee to be considered. Get more info and apply here!
Do you write about podcasts, podcasting, or are you thinking about getting into it?
Podcast Movement is upping our content game, and we'd love to chat! Reply to this newsletter, or email [email protected] and let us know!
The Southeast Meetup Tour
Last week was a blast! 4 podcast meetups in 4 days in 4 cities! Birmingham, Nashville, Atlanta & Charlotte! Special thanks to Mark Deal from Podcast Atlanta, Clark Buckner and Angus Nelson from the Podcast Nashville meetup as well as several others that made this tour possible. We are planning more meetups post PM19!
You've got a friend in PM..
Toys give us an opportunity to play and use our imagination. Podcasts also provide an outlet for creativity and originality. We hope to help your podcast continue to not only be a resource or content, but to be fun enough that it feels like play (or at least your listeners continue to press play for your show).
To Infinity and Beyond,
“The important thing is that we stick together.” – Buzz Lightyear
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at Podcast Movement 2019, the world's largest gathering of podcasters? LET US KNOW!