Perry Como first sang the holiday classic “There’s no place like home for the holidays” in 1959. This song continues to stand the test of time and is covered by the Carpenters, as well as other artists, over the years. The core idea of being home to enjoy this season with family continues to resonate, no matter where you live.
Did you know that our PM family is represented all over the world? Podcast Movement attendees in 2017 call over 20 countries “home”, including:
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, England, Finland, Germany, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, South Korea, Sweden, Uruguay and the United Arab Emirates
We thought it would be fun to spread some holiday cheer this week by highlighting a few of our global podcast members who call somewhere other than the United States “home”!
Edie Berg (Israel) – Host of The Strong Women’s Club
Long story short… we love Edie Berg! You won’t find fluff, abstract or cliché’s when you listen to her podcast. Edie talks to real women who have worked hard, had bumps and lumps along the way, and are sharing their stories so that we can learn from them. Edie is also a CrossFit enthusiast so if you are looking for tickets to the gun show…
Christina Canters (Australia) – Host of Stand Out Get Noticed
Christina is easily one of the most creative podcasters that we have ever met. She is also a sensational communicator! Check out her new speaker reel!
Nikolas Dane (Uruguay) – Director at Appleboy Productions
Nikolas is a podcast pioneer in Uruguay. He founded Appleboy productions which is currently producing 3 podcasts that are top shows in his country! Podcasting is still in its infancy in Uruguay. Nikolas applied for a government grant to help cover travel costs to be able to attend Podcast Movement this year. Needless to say, we are excited about his efforts & are cheering on his podcast success in South America!
Tarek El Bolbol (Dubai) – CEO of Booklava
Tarek is originally from Lebanon. He is the CEO & Co-founder of Booklava. Booklava is a holistic platform for Arabic audio books and short titles, offering bestselling content for a convenient and enjoyable listening experience on-the-go.
Karin Hogh (Denmark) – Founder of PodConsults.
Karin is a veteran podcast consultant in Denmark! She is also an author and runs a sound studio. Karin should be at the top of your list if you want to make a new friend in 2018.
Hani Mourra (Canada) – Creator of SimplePodcastPress
Hani is a seasoned speaker at Podcast Movement. He is also the mastermind behind various popular software tools and applications. We love Simple Podcast Press and strongly encourage you to check it out.
If you don’t see your country represented (or even if you do), we hope you’ll join us this summer in Philadelphia!
(not so ugly) Christmas Sweaters (aka Podcast Articles, Happenings and Tips)
- Analytics in the podcasting medium are changing, and it impacts everyone in the space. Apple finally released their long-awaited-for analytics last week, and the team at Jacobs Media share their first impressions.
- PM alumni speaker Steven Goldstein takes an interesting look at the podcast categories that contain the most podcasts, plus discusses the four categories that are responsible for over 2/3rds of Apple Podcasts’ top 200!
- Jon Levy shares 7 secrets to producing engaging podcast content. Some are obvious, but others not so much.
- PM18 platinum partner audioBoom reported a record year in 2017, and is even more excited about 2018!
- PM alumni Caitlin Thompson of Acast shares why Apple, Google, Amazon and others are betting on the 70-something percent who don’t regularly listen to podcasts to start listening through new ways of discovery in 2018 and beyond. Plus she speculates on the longevity of RSS feeds in podcasting. Do you agree?
Regardless of where home is for you, we’d love for you to join us as we all get together next summer at Podcast Movement 2018!
OUR HOLIDAY SALE ONLY LASTS ONE MORE WEEK!
Register for the lowest possible price, PLUS getan exclusive (free) PM Holiday Shirt, between now and December 26. Don’t miss it!
Remember to be unusually kind and compassionate to those around you during the Holidays…because you never know who will end up being your Secret Santa!
Team Podcast Movement wishes you & your household a Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!
Making the yuletide gay,
The Podcast Movement team consists of all your friends, new and old, from Podcast Movement. You never know who might pop in with some funny, cool, or far out content JUST FOR YOU!