Greetings PM Family…Happy New Year!
We realize that the new year is already a few days in and it is easy to make resolutions, only to bail on them when the resistance kicks in. Our desire is for your podcast efforts to thrive this year! We thought it would be helpful to share some updates that will hopefully encourage you to stay focused and hitting that record button!
The Podcast Movement Community shared some of their podcast goals for 2018, and we’ve got help for three community members’ goals:
Finally Launch Your Podcast (Kelly Goldhorn)
If your goal is to launch your podcast, it is time for you and Kelly Goldhorn to get started….and we think we’ve got the solution. We’re excited to announce the first annual 28 Day Launch Your Podcast Challenge, and invite you and your friends to take part! There are some great prizes in store for those who finish.
The 28 Day Launch Your Podcast Challenge came out of the number of aspiring podcasters who we talk with daily, but who never actually ever publish an episode. This challenge will spread the launch process up into 28 daily, bitesize steps. From zero to launch, with the support and feedback from the community, and fellow challenge participants.
What will the challenge cover? Over the 28 days, some of the topics and steps we’ll walk you through include:
- Hardware & Software options
- Concept & Creative directions
- Podcast Service Providers
- Music & Artwork for your Podcast
- Editing & Production
- Getting Your Podcast Live
- Regular Feedback from the Community & Fellow Participants
And did we mention the prizes? We’ll be picking 5 Winners from those who complete the challenge, with the grand prize being an all expenses paid trip to Podcast Movement 2018!
Are you interested in joining the challenge? Do you know someone that you think could benefit from participating in the challenge? Go to www.PodcastMovement.com/challenge to learn more, and sign up. The challenge begins February 1!
Get Your First Podcast Advertiser (Brandie Crank – Bad Girl, Better Woman)
Brandie Crank is one of many fellow PM community members hoping to land a sponsor for their show this year, and we set out early in 2017 to put together an initiative to help.
We teamed up with conference partner FreshBooks, as they presented the “Pitch Your Podcast” booth, created uniquely for attendees of Podcast Movement 2017 in Anaheim, to give new and emerging podcasters an opportunity to earn a sponsorship. Freshbooks selected this year’s winners—and their podcasts— You can learn more about it here! And keep an eye out for your chance to participate in 2018.
Speak On Stage at Podcast Movement (Jeffrey Bradbury – TechEducator Podcast)
Every year the question we get most is, “How can I speak at Podcast Movement?” We’re happy to have an answer for you, and Jeff as well. Starting next Wednesday, we’ll begin taking panel and session submissions for Podcast Movement 2018. Get your awesome ideas ready, as the competition is always stiff. We had over 500 submissions last year for just around 50 spots…so make sure to submit your best!
More next week…
Podcast Articles, Happenings and Tips
- PM community member Aaron Dowd shares a few easy adjustments you can make to ensure you’re getting the best sound quality possible from your microphone every time you record.
- Kim Hansen shares in her article why most of us really, really don’t want to “read” most podcasts…yet.
- PMx Emcee Mark Deal, and the local podcast meetup in Atlanta, are hosting a special podcasting seminar this Saturday, January 6 at the new Sewell Mill Library Cultural Center.
- We’re going to be around town in the coming months, and would love to have you at one of our upcoming Podcast Movement Community Meetups. More info coming soon, but mark your calendars!
- We just re-launched our Youtube channel, and have added the keynote talks from the first two years of Podcast Movement! Check out talks from Marc Maron, Aisha Tyler, Pat Flynn and more!
If you’ve not yet registered for Podcast Movement, we’ve got some exciting things cooking…including the Super Early Bird Discount Registration Sale going on now!
Register for a low price, and don’t miss any of the fun.
Again – Happy New Year to you & your family! We are looking forward to seeing you at Podcast Movement later this year in Philadelphia, or at one of our upcoming community meetups
Keen in ‘18,