We're back and excited to catch you up on everything going on in the Podcast Movement world. Before we dive in, we have a few important things to fill you in on:
- Tomorrow at 10:00 am CT, PRX and the Google Podcasts creator program will explore podcast events, how they function, and how creators and audiences can make the most of them. Our very own Dan Franks, President and Co-Founder of Podcast Movement, joins the amazing lineup of leaders in the space for this free webinar.
- Submissions for The Ambies 2022 will be open through December 3. The Ambies, The Awards For Excellence in Audio, celebrate excellence in podcasting and elevate awareness and status of podcasts as a unique and personal medium for entertainment, information, storytelling, and expression.
There are two types of categories: Show Recognition awards, which highlight the best in a wide variety of genres (new categories this year include Best Indie Podcast), and Talent Recognition awards, which honor individual teams in areas like reporting or hosting. Submit today!
- Lastly, the weekly will be on break for the next two weeks for the holidays. We'll return with your regularly scheduled updates on Wednesday, December 8.
PM EVENT NEWS
Did someone say SALE? Tickets for Evolutions this March and Podcast Movement 2022 this August are going on sale for Black Friday. Be on the lookout for an email from us next week with all of the details on how to attend Evolutions in-person or virtually at a very special rate!
Want to know which event is right for you? CLICK HERE to learn more! (We think you should be at them both!)
PODCAST MOVEMENT UNIVERSITY
This section is for Podcast Movement University news and upcoming events. If you have not joined PMU, you can join here for free. Note: Must be a member in order to watch live presentation recordings.
Last week, Jessica Rhodes of Interview Connections joined us for a live presentation on delivering a brand-strengthening interview as a guest on other people's podcast. You can watch the full recording here.
Heather Einhorn of Einhorn's Epic Productions and sound designer Sarah Gibble-Laska also joined us for a live presentation on adding extra dimension to your podcast with 3D audio. You can watch the full recording here.
Coming up this week:
Podcasting from the Last Frontier – Alaskan podcaster Robert Forto, co-founder of First Paw Media, joins us tomorrow at 3:00 pm CT to discuss how creators can tap into niches that resonate with listeners.
Some of the best podcasts have one thing in common: Passion. Last week, we asked our PM community on Twitter what they're most passionate about. Shoutout to Arielle Nissenblatt of EarBuds Podcast Collective for saying exactly what we were thinking.
Want to be in the spotlight? Join the PM community conversations on Twitter and share your perspective.
GOING ON THIS WEEK
Here's a look at what's happening in the podcasting world this week:
- Today at 3:00 pm ET, EarBuds Podcast Collective founder Arielle Nissenblatt is leading a Twitter Space on how podcasters should pitch their show to podcast newsletters. Also joining is Lauren Passell of Tink Media and Adela Mizrachi of Podcast Brunch Club.
- The third and final webinar in LWC Studios’ Podcasting, Seriously series is this Saturday, November 20 at 1:00 pm ET. LWC Studios founder Juleyka Lantigua leads this hands-on workshop on identifying and growing your podcast audience. Tickets are $30.
- The fourth annual Vancouver Podcast Festival is coming up this Saturday, November 20. The all-day virtual event will focus on education with workshops and panels, featuring speakers like Paul Bae (The Black Tapes) on building and marketing indie shows. Passes are $25 CA (~$20 USD).
- Job Alert: LWC Studios is looking for two seasoned freelance reporters/producers for a narrative podcast. This position is remote and requires some travel. The deadline to apply is December 1.
PODMOV DAILY: INDUSTRY NEWS FOR CREATORS
Spotify’s Greenroom Adds No-Login Listening – Plus: Quality sound design shouldn’t be free; Charlotte Podcast Festival free pop-up starts Nov. 30; Minnesota liquor store opens a video podcast studio
As Spoken Word Grows, What's Happening to Music? – Plus: How Clubhouse is becoming a “real company”; AI-powered tools for content creation; Helping your expert guest communicate clearly
Americans' Spoken Word Listening Is at an All-Time High – Plus: How to break your show’s format (if you must)
Thank you for being a part of our amazing community of podcasters, podcast listeners, and creators of all kinds. We would love to meet you all! We're partnering with Podcast Parties for a free virtual happy hour on Wednesday, December 8 from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. We hope you can join us for some mingling and networking with podcasters all over the world! Register here.
Quick reminder: The Weekly will be on break for the next two weeks. We'll return with our regular weekly PM updates on December 8. See you soon!
The Podcast Movement Team