Podcastle is a unique all-in-one platform for audio content creation. You can conduct multitrack remote interviews, edit, remove pauses and background noise with their AI-powered tools. Also available on iOS.
This is a weekly newsletter for Podcast Movement event and community updates. For more industry-focused daily news, subscribe to the PodMov Daily here.
We’re getting closer and closer to Evolutions — only 35 days away! This week, we’re highlighting the Expo Hall and sharing the latest round of sessions and speakers. If you haven't registered for Evolutions, today is the day to do it. Late registration pricing kicks in tonight at midnight, so be sure to snag your ticket before then for the best deal.
Join us Today
You're invited to get to know this month's sponsor, Podcastle. Product Manager Andre Kiloyan joins us tonight at 8:00 pm in the Podcast Movement Community Facebook Group for a livestream on how to use Podcastle for audio content creation. Must be a member of the Facebook Group to join.
PM EVENT NEWS
Evolutions Expo Hall
Evolutions is all about the latest cutting-edge trends, tech, and tools in the podcasting space, and the expo hall is the ultimate place to get ahead of the curve — and gather all the giveaway swag your free tote bag can carry!
Over 30 of the top companies in the space will have booths or activations with special demos and discounts just for Evolutions attendees. Attending virtually? Don't worry, the Expo Hall is also available for virtual attendees to “visit”.
The Expo Hall will be open every day of the event so you can meet the people behind some of your favorite podcasting companies, like iHeartRadio, Triton Digital, Podbean, The Roost, and so many more.
Evolutions Scholarship Program Application Deadline
This is the last week to apply for the Evolutions 2022 Scholarship. These scholarships are for podcasters who have never attended a Podcast Movement event before, have not yet signed up for Evolutions, and who would require assistance in order to join the conference.
Submit your application by this Friday at midnight to be considered. Scholarship recipients will be announced on February 23.
New Evolutions Sessions
We have new sessions and speakers in the Industry, Creator, and Pro Podcaster Track. Each track is carefully curated to be a well-rounded offering of discussions covering the spectrum of podcasting. Find out which track is best for you.
The fourth round of Industry Track sessions and speakers are:
- Creating a Welcoming Company Culture in Podcasting presented by Catherine Saint Louis of Neon Hum, Isabel Geneus of Pod People, and Luis Gil and Martina Castro of Adonde Media
- How Innovative Publishers are Making Space for Audio presented by Emily Rasekh of Sony Music and Ray Chao of Vox Media
- IP: A Two Way Street presented by Alix Jaffe of Village Roadshow Entertainment Group
- Podcasting Around the World – Understanding Your Global Audience presented by Benjamin Masse of Triton Digital
- Sponsorship Is More Than Money presented by Talib Jasir of Afros & Audio/Vanguard Podcast Network
- The Future of Audio at the L.A. Times presented by Jazmin Aguilera of Los Angeles Times
The fifth round of Creator Track sessions and speakers are:
- Against the Grain of Industry Standards: Podcast & Profit presented by Sarah Fletcher of Greatness Realized/Welcome To Reinvention
- Create and Publish Visually Engaging Audio to YouTube presented by Bryan Barletta of Sounds Profitable and Nathan Iyer of Adori Labs, Inc.
- Passion with Purpose – the power of mission-driven podcasts presented by Marla Isackson of Ossa
- Picking The Right Fits presented by Alia Tavakolian of Spoke Media and Caroline Edwards of ICM
- So You Want to Start a True Crime Podcast… presented by Sim Sarna of Cloud10 Media
- The Indie Panel – Tips on monetization, community building, and if joining a network is right for you. presented by Gregg Clunis of Tiny Leaps, Big Changes
The fifth round of Professional Podcaster Track sessions and speakers are:
- Effectively growing your podcast downloads and listenership presented by Rae Palermo of Megaphone by Spotify
- Finding and Growing Your Audience Through Marketing and PR presented by Christine Ragasa of Christine Ragasa Global, Jeremy Helton of Ten Percent Happier, and Maggie Taylor of Pushkin Industries
- Growing as an indie: Lessons on IP and building a podcast business with Sex With Emily presented by Emily Morse of Sex With Emily
- The Business of Adaptation presented by Michele Zarate and Rob Herting of QCODE, and Oren Rosenbaum of UTA
- The Power of Professional Niche Podcasting presented by Kieran Gannon of BackTable LLC and Sabeen Dhand of LAIIC
- YOU CAN'T LIVE OFF YOUR PODCAST ALONE. BUILD A NETWORK. presented by Cameron Poter of Pleasure Podcasts
PODCAST MOVEMENT UNIVERSITY
This section is for Podcast Movement University news and upcoming events. If you have not joined PMU, you can join here for free.
Today at 3:00 pm CT, Christy Haussler of Team Podcast joins us for a live presentation on how to create a high-value offer that can be used to monetize your podcast in a big way. Join the conversation here.
You're up to date on the latest Evolutions and PM news. We hope you have a great week in podcasting. Don't forget: Ticket prices increase tonight at midnight, so be sure to register before then for the best deal.
The Podcast Movement Team