Podcastle is a unique all-in-one platform for audio content creation. You can conduct multitrack remote interviews, edit, remove pauses and background noise with their AI-powered tools. Also available on iOS.
This is a weekly newsletter for Podcast Movement event and community updates. For more industry-focused daily news, subscribe to the PodMov Daily here.
Can you believe we're only 49 days away from Evolutions? This week, we're sharing the third round of sessions and speakers you'll see on stage NEXT MONTH.
Before we dive in, a quick reminder:
Next Friday, February 11th is the last chance to enter your podcasts in the 26th Annual Webby Awards, the internationally recognized award for Internet excellence.
The Webby Awards is an opportunity to show that your work can compete with the most impressive media companies, brands, podcast talent, and leaders in the industry. Work is honored across Websites and Mobile Sites, Apps & Software, Video, Advertising, Media & PR, Virtual & Remote, Social, Podcasts, and Games.
All work is reviewed by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences, The Webby Awards’ judging body made up of the world’s leading experts in digital work. Judges for Podcasts this year include SuChin Pak (Add to Cart) and Renita Jablonski (The Washington Post).
PM EVENT NEWS
We're excited to announce the next round of sessions in the Industry, Creator, and Pro Podcaster Track. Each track is carefully curated to be a well-rounded offering of discussions covering the spectrum of podcasting. Find out which track is best for you.
The second round of Industry Track sessions are:
- Audio Advertising & The Transformation of Brand Safety presented by DeSha Runnels and Lisa Jacobs of Ad Results Media
- Sponsorship Is More Than Money presented by Nicole Walker of WinHers United
- Storytelling and the Audio Wars: How Podcasts Feed Into Additional Content presented by Brady Sadler of Double Elvis
- Three Meaningful Steps to Engage Multi-Cultural Audiences presented by Tangia Renee Estrada of BIPOC Podcast Creators/Amplify BIPOC
- Understanding your Audience to Grow Your Podcast presented by Daryl Battaglia of Triton Digital
The third round of Creator Track sessions are:
- All Together Now: Audio Drama with Ensemble Casts presented by ItMe! of InCo
- Bilingual podcasting: Our voices matter presented by Natalie Torres-Haddad of Financially Savvy in 20 Minutes
- Building a Blueprint to Define (and Refine) Your Podcast presented by Doug Fraser of Curious State
- Extending the Reach of Music Marketing Through Podcasts presented by Randall Bee of Osiris Podcasts
- How to Create Multiple Points of Entry to Your Podcast presented by James Boo of Self Evident: Asian America's Stories
- How to Share Your Story & Create Impact presented by Tamra Andress of The FIT in Faith Podcast
- How to Use Social Media to Grow your Podcast presented by Arielle Nissenblatt of SquadCast.fm
- Music Supervision and Licensing for Podcasts: How Does It Help You? presented by Deborah Mannis-Gardner of DMG, Jennifer Smith of Rat Dance Party, and Matt McGinley of This American Life/Serial Productions
- Picking The Right Fits presented by Brigham Mosley and Sheritalyn Solis of Spoke Media
- Reppin: Representing stories that go beyond skin deep presented by Evelien of Reppin
- The Indie Panel – Tips on monetization, community building, and if joining a network is right for you presented by Imran Ahmed of Great Pods
- Transform Your Podcast Into A Brand Amplifier & Growth Accelerator presented by Troy Sandidge of iDigress
The third round of Professional Podcaster Track sessions are:
- BUILDing You Up: An Inside Look At The New Industry Masterclass presented by Hana Walker-Brown of Broccoli Productions
- Finding and Growing Your Audience Through Marketing and PR presented by Rekha Murthy of Overstory LLC
- How To Work With Brands presented by Brent Simoneaux of Compiler
- Leverage Your Podcast Data presented by Nicole Walker of WinHers United
- Making Great Sh*t On Time, On Budget, On Point presented by Aleisha Force and Cley Kim of Spoke Media
- Monetize Your Podcast Through TikTok presented by John Frye of OKOP/Declassified Media, Justin Nguyen of College Declassified, and Samuel Donner of OKOP/Finding Founders
PODCAST MOVEMENT UNIVERSITY
This section is for Podcast Movement University news and upcoming events. If you have not joined PMU, you can join here for free.
True Native Media founder Heather Osgood joins us today at 3:00 pm CT for a live presentation on how to get started with podcast advertising in 2022. Join the conversation live here.
Last week, we asked our community on Twitter what their three podcast wishes are. Shoutout to the Ossa Collective for supporting women+ podcasters from start to finish.
Want to be in the spotlight? Join the conversation on Twitter and share your perspective.
UPCOMING CREATOR EVENTS
Here's a look at what's happening in the podcasting world:
- Today at 4:00 pm ET is “Podcasts as a Tool for Brand Engagement” from Podcasting, Seriously. The organization’s weekly Twitter Spaces talk will feature Vennly CEO Brian Landau, the host of The Drip, on building brand awareness. No Twitter account needed
- “Better Now Than Never: Safeguarding Your Audio Collection” is coming up on February 8. Audio preservationist Jessica Thompson and The Kitchen Sisters will cover best practices, digitization standards, and resources for podcast producers and small institutions. Free RSVP.
- Podcast Movement is teaming up with Podcast Parties to host two free virtual events for podcasters. Both “We Love Podcasters” parties will take place on Thursday, February 10, the first one at 3:00 pm ET and the second at 7:00 pm ET. Free RSVP.
- Job alert: Supercast is looking for a Software Developer to help conceive, design, develop, and deploy software. This position is remote and yearly salary is $80,000 to $120,000.
PODMOV DAILY: INDUSTRY NEWS FOR CREATORS
Guest Selection Isn’t Neutral. It’s Everything. – Plus: Listeners come first, wherever you stand
Spotify’s New ‘Content Advisory’ Plan Solves Nothing – Plus: How to stand out from “terrible” guest pitches; Why ask a guest about “off limits” topics before the interview?
Thanks for joining us for this week's updates. Whether in-person or virtually, we hope to see you next month for Evolutions. Make sure you register by midnight for over $100 in savings.
Until next time,
The Podcast Movement Team