Greetings PM Family,
PM is proud to announce that we have opened the doors to the PM Speaker Submission Portal, giving members of the community the opportunity to “take the stage” at PM Virtual this October! While many large conferences have done away with an open submission process like this, we continue to do this to keep the event focused 100% on the podcast community. We are proud of the sessions delivered on PM stages in the past, and are eager to see what the virtual stage will bring this fall!
We also take a deep dive into some free opportunities available for community members that you won't want to miss…. here we go!
PM Virtual Call for Speaker Submissions
Do you have what it takes to speak at PM Virtual this October?
For the next few weeks, we're accepting proposals from anyone in podcasting who think that they have a great idea for a session at the largest ever virtual conference for podcasters.
One of the biggest factors for being selected to present on the virtual stage is to be creative and detailed with the submission process, and make note that repeat sessions from other events (virtual or otherwise) are rarely accepted.
Our attendees will join us from around the world, and they expect the best of the best. For this reason, we encourage you to use your imagination, innovation, and individuality in the submission form.
This year's event will feature three stages for you to choose from:
- Creator Stage – Geared towards brand new podcasters, or podcasters who mainly podcast for fun or as a hobby.
- Pro Podcaster Stage – Geared towards podcasters who are already podcasting for a living, are making substantial revenue for their podcast, or have the goal to eventually do one of those two things.
- Industry Stage – Geared towards professionals in podcasting who are not necessarily the ones talking into the microphone, but who work with those podcasters in some capacity on a regular basis.
Attendees will have the option to choose from sessions on each of those stages at any point throughout the event, so make sure you select the right one!
PM strongly supports diversity and inclusion. Your perspective (regardless of your area of expertise or “credentials”) is welcomed. Speakers from the largest media companies in the world have taken our stages, as have speakers who have just recently became podcasters. In other words, whatever your place in podcasting is, if you have something valuable to share with the podcast community, we want to hear your ideas. Your voice matters.
We are looking forward to reviewing your session ideas over the next few weeks. SUBMISSIONS END ON AUGUST 19.
Questions? Feel free to check in with Jared from our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does PM Offer Anything for Free?
We get asked often about our free offerings, but not everyone knows what options are available. Here is a list of many of our free options that you can, and should, enjoy.
- PM University – PMU is here to bring everyone together in an organized setting for conversation, learning, and community. We have free virtual events like SHIFT (check out the replay), free virtual monthly meetups, and will also have a library of content on many hot topics for podcasters of all levels of skill.
- PodMov Daily Newsletter – Published every weekday by Podcast Movement. PodMov contains curated news and commentary, industry resources, tips, and more. Whether you're a podcaster or industry professional, PodMov aims to be the best way to start your day. Example | Subscribe to PodMov
- 28-Day Launch Your Podcast Challenge – Are you looking to launch your podcast soon? The 28-Day Launch Your Podcast Challenge is for you. Take your podcast from zero to launch in just 28 days. Learn the basic steps to getting your podcast started. Join hundreds of other soon-to-be podcasters in the private PM University group. You have the chance to win a full pass to one of our events in 2020-2021.
- The PM Facebook Group – Join the largest podcasting community on Facebook. The group currently has over 41,000 members. It is full of posts from over the years that answer practically every question you could possibly think of that every podcaster has to navigate. It's a safe place to make friends, learn, share your experiences, and keep your podcast passion candle burning bright.
- PM Sessions Podcast – Season 4 of PM Sessions may have been our best season so far. Our producer Ted Woods did an outstanding job. We urge you to check it out if you haven't already.
- The PM YouTube Channel – We have a YouTube channel! It has some interesting videos from previous events, podcast stories from community members, and more!
We welcome you to participate in any or all of these opportunities! We also appreciate your support for the community and the upcoming PM Virtual event in October!
You are appreciated,
“Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews