This is a weekly newsletter for Podcast Movement event and community updates. For more industry-focused daily news, subscribe to the PodMov Daily here.
Can you believe we're only ONE WEEK away from Evolutions? In this week's newsletter, we're covering the official Evolutions mobile app and virtual platform, Swapcard. We're also taking a look at the latest sessions and speakers to take the stage.
Before we dive in, multiple pass types are almost sold out! And all prices increase TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT. Whether you're attending in-person or virtually, be sure to grab your tickets before midnight for the best possible deal.
PM EVENT NEWS
Mobile App and Event Platform are Live!
Attendees should have received their invitation emails to join the app earlier this week. However, if that is not the case, you can download the app or access the desktop web version.
The Swapcard platform and mobile app will allow attendees to create custom schedules, network with fellow attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and more.
Not to mention, this is where all the on-demand virtual content will be watchable before and after the event, plus this is where all the live-streamed sessions will take place for all attendees.
We also want to give a big shoutout to our Accessibility Partner, Descript. The Descript tool will be assisting our team in making transcriptions available for all on-demand sessions post-event!
We encourage you to go ahead and access the app, either on your desktop or your mobile device, get your profile set up, and check everything out with plenty of time to go before the sessions kick off a week from today!
Keynote Session Announcement
Podnews.net editor, James Cridland, joins the keynote stage to present The Podnews Report Card: The Results.
Earlier this year, Podnews.net conducted a survey of podcast publishers and listeners to find out what they thought about some of the biggest podcast apps and platforms. In this keynote, Cridland will share the results.
Who needs to step up their game, and who will take the crown for the podcast platform doing the most for the industry?
Find out on Thursday, March 24 at 8:30 am on the Keynote Stage.
New Evolutions Sessions and Speakers
Check out the latest round of sessions and speakers for the Industry, Creator, and Pro Podcaster Tracks. Each track is carefully This is the last round of sessions and speakers for the Industry, Creator, and Pro Podcaster Tracks. Each track is carefully curated to be a well-rounded offering of discussions covering the spectrum of podcasting. Find out which track is best for you.
The latest Creator Track sessions and speakers are:
- Going Independent: How I bet on my audience and won presented by Jason Sew Hoy of Supercast and Saagar Enjeti of Breaking Points
- How to build your brand and grow an audience (and get your high school degree at the same time) presented by Jessica Angeles of Anchor/Spotify and Pierre Tettart of Spotify
- Podcasting is the New Music Video presented by Joey Ryan and Kenneth Pattengale of The Milk Carton Kids
- So You Want to Start a True Crime Podcast… presented by Christie Wallace and Heather McKinney of Sinisterhood, Garrett Moreland and Payton Moreland of Murder With My Husband, and Jami Rice of Murderish
- Sticking The Landing: A Guide To Creating A Hit Documentary Podcast From Your Bedroom presented by Ari Saperstein of Blind Landing
- Telling Personal Stories Through Podcasting presented by Erick Galindo of LAist Studios and Mala Munoz of Locatora Radio
- Two Teams, One Dream: The Key to Successful Collaborations presented by Erin O'Flaherty of Wondery and Morgan Jones of Wondery/Amazon Music
- What the Kids can Teach Us – The Secrets of Kids and Family Audio presented by Lindsay Patterson of Tumble Media
The latest Industry Track sessions and speakers are:
- 2021 Year in Review: Top content, chart, and industry trends from Chartable presented by Dave Zohrob of Chartable
- Elevating the Audio Format & Brand Partnerships presented by John Wynn of Last Known Position, Patty Mertes of Ad Results Media, and Rich Eiseman of QCODE
- How Innovative Publishers are Making Space for Audio presented by Steven Raizes of Paramount
- Podcast Leadership: The future from every angle presented by Ashley Carman of Bloomberg, Bryan Barletta of Sounds Profitable, Jazmin Aguilera of The Los Angeles Times, Jessica Cordova Kramer of Lemonada Media, John Rosso of Triton Digital, and Steven Goldstein of Amplifi Media
- Scaling Content in a Remote Setting presented by Melissa Duncan of Riverside
- The Future of Podcasting with Subscriptions presented by Donald Albright of Tenderfoot TV and Jon Schnaars of Pushkin Industries
The latest Professional Podcaster Track sessions and speakers are:
- Reaching and Building the Family Audience presented by Ben Strouse, Jenn Levine, and Jessica Fisher of Gen-Z Media
- The Future of Creator-Led Entertainment presented by Doug Ellin of Angry Lunch Productions, Falon Fatemi of Fireside, and Kevin Connolly of Action Park Media
- World of Podcasting – Evolution, Authenticity, and Inclusion presented by Coline Witt of Eating While Broke, Flame Monroe of Laugh & Learn, Norm Steele of The Gangster Chronicles, and Weezy of Whoreible Decisions
Open to all pass holders:
- New Media Show Live presented by James Cridland of Podnews, Rob Greenlee of Libsyn, and Todd Cochrane of Blubrry
Safety Guidelines at Evolutions
We know you might have questions about the safety precautions that will be in place in Los Angeles. We will be following all safety measures required of us by the State of California and LA County.
The most essential information to know (and plan for) is that venue requires all attendees to show proof of full vaccination prior to be admitted to the conference center. The venue's check-in staff will also accept a negative test result from a legitimate medical provider (At-home tests not accepted) results must be from a test taken within 24 hours of the start of the event if an antigen test or 48 hours of the start of the event if a PCR test).
Please visit this page for the full safety requirements and FAQs.
Join Us for Evolutions 2022 and PM 2022
Prices increase TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT
Join podcasters and industry professionals from around the world for our two big events in 2022! Register by midnight for savings of over $100 per pass!
Evolutions this March 23-26 in Los Angeles, and Podcast Movement 2022 this August 23-26 in Dallas, TX. Learn more about the differences here.
Each event features hundreds of educational sessions spread across carefully curated tracks, amazing expo halls to discover the latest podcasting tools and technologies, and of course the best networking events and parties in podcasting!
PM22 SPEAKER SUBMISSIONS
Have you been thinking of leading your own session or panel at a PM event? Well, now is your chance! Speaker submissions are now open for Podcast Movement 2022 this August in Dallas, TX.
PM22 will feature panels and talks from the most prominent podcasters, networks, organizations, and industry professionals. So if that includes you, then there is no better place to share your insights and perspectives with thousands of podcasters from around the world.
There are several topic tracks to choose from, so make sure to submit your session on the track that is right for you!
LEARN MORE. AND SUBMIT NOW
Submissions close in May!
PODCAST MOVEMENT UNIVERSITY
This section is for Podcast Movement University news and upcoming events. If you have not joined PMU, you can join here for free.
Today at 3:00 pm CT, Simon Dunlop of Instreamatic joins us for a live presentation on how podcasters can activate audience stickiness with real voice interactions. Join the live conversation here.
We can't wait for you to join us NEXT WEEK! Don't forget to grab your last-minute in-person or virtual tickets before midnight tonight for some savings.
The next time we speak, it'll be time for Evolutions. We hope to see you there!
See you soon,
The Podcast Movement Team