This is a weekly newsletter for Podcast Movement event and community updates. For more industry-focused daily news, subscribe to the PodMov Daily here.
Welcome to the first weekly newsletter of 2022! We hope everyone had a great holiday break and would like to wish you all a happy New Year.
Psst: The holidays aren't really over — our Holiday Sale is still going on! Register now for Evolutions this March in Los Angeles and PM22 this August in Dallas for the lowest possible cost. This deal ends TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT, so be sure to make the most of it.
We're also sharing some news on future Podcast Movement events, and other goings-on this week in the podcasting space.
PM EVENT NEWS
Every year since 2014, Podcast Movement has gathered thousands of passionate podcasters and industry professionals from around the world under one roof to learn, grow professionally, and most importantly evolve and improve the podcast community.
In addition to our two events in 2022, we're excited to announce the dates of Podcast Movement 2023, Evolutions 2023, and Podcast Movement 2024. Check out the updated event calendar and make plans to join us.
- Evolutions 2023 – March 7-10, 2023
- Podcast Movement 2023 – August 21-24, 2023
- Podcast Movement 2024 – August 19-22, 2024
While we'll share location information in the coming months, we're excited to give a hint: all three events will bring Podcast Movement to brand-new cities and states!
With over 10,000 podcasters joining us over the last eight years from over 35 different countries, we're excited to continue for years to come!
PODCAST MOVEMENT UNIVERSITY
This section is for Podcast Movement University news and upcoming events. If you have not joined PMU, you can join here for free.
Larry Roberts of Readily Random Media joins us Tuesday, January 11 at 3:00 pm CT for a live presentation on how to be a great podcast host.
Larry will cover a number of ways that you as a podcast host can improve the overall listener experience and your techniques as a host. RSVP for the live presentation here.
This week, we asked the PM community on Twitter about New Year's resolutions for podcasting. Shoutout to Wendy Battles of Reinvention Rebels for thinking ahead!
Want to be in the spotlight? Join the conversation on Twitter and share your perspective.
GOING ON THIS WEEK
Here's a look at what's happening in the podcasting world this week:
- Podcasting, Seriously is hosting weekly Twitter Spaces on the LWC Studios Twitter page. The next one is today at 4:00 pm ET and will cover podcast listener surveys with guest Gabriel Soto of Edison Research. Twitter account not needed to join.
- SoundPath’s next live seminar series, “When Your Podcast Team Is You,” begins on Monday, January 10 at 7:00 pm ET. The five-session intensive will be led by Roifield Brown, creator of How Jamaica Conquered the World and podcasting instructor at UC Berkeley. Registration is $625 for non-AIR members.
- UC Berkeley Advanced Media Institute's online course, “Podcasting: Telling Stories in Sound” begins on Monday, January 10 at 12:00 pm PT. This five-week course teaches the essentials for audio storytelling from professional radio broadcasters and podcasters. Registration is $840.
- Job alert: Public News Service is looking for two experienced audio broadcast news reporters/producers to join their national team (Remote, based in either Colorado or the Mid-Atlantic). Compensation is $45,000 – $60,000.
PODMOV DAILY: INDUSTRY NEWS FOR CREATORS
- ‘Podcast Movies’ Aren’t New. Why Repackage Audio Fiction? – Public Domain Day is a podcaster’s gift; Audience surveys with Podcasting, Seriously; Audio fiction’s promising year; Podchaser’s new Podcast Librarian; SoundPath’s next live seminar series
- How to Get Your Podcast Pie, and Share It, Too – Plus: Who’s responsible for a transcript solution?; Podcast Radio’s new February conference; Targeting new audiences in 2022; News corrections to escape last year’s mistakes
- Podcasting Predictions from Industry Leaders, Part Two – Plus: Spotify’s vast LA campus has 18 podcast studios; The Podcast Host’s Podcast Problems survey answers; Project Shasta from Adobe; Captivate acquired by Global; NPR Summer internships
Thank you for sticking with us through 2021! We constantly feel the support of our PM community, whether it's through our events, newsletters, or our other ventures.
We're very excited for what 2022 will bring and hope to see you at one (or both) of our events this year.
The Podcast Movement Team