Happy Thursday, PM Family,
This week, we share the return of an annual podcast industry tradition to Evolutions, let you know how first-timers can join us for free, announce a new workshop, and more.
Let’s get into it!
Edison Research to present The Infinite Dial® live at Podcast Movement Evolutions
Podcast Movement is excited to announce that The Infinite Dial® 2024, from Edison Research with support from Audacy, Cumulus Media, and SiriusXM Media, will take place live on Thursday, March 28th, from Evolutions 2024. All Evo24 attendees are invited to join the live presentation, and those who can’t be with us will be able to watch the presentation via live-stream.
The Infinite Dial is America’s longest-running survey of digital media consumer behavior, tracked annually since 1998. The study provides important benchmark measures around usage and behavior around streaming audio, podcasting, radio, smart audio, social media, and more. Annual results and trending data from The Infinite Dial are relied upon by its audience of content producers, media companies, agencies, and the financial community.
The 2024 Infinite Dial will be presented by Edison Research Vice President Megan Lazovick.
Join us at Evo24 to be there live, or stay tuned for more information on joining virtually.
Pre-Con Workshop at Evolutions (Additional Fee)
Our partners at Culture & Code are helping start the Evolutions Experience on the Evo24 kickoff day, with these optional add-on workshops for anyone looking to deep-dive into the world of Generative AI.
You’ll gain expertise in prompting, sound editing, voice-over, and more. Each 3-hour generative AI workshop (same content offered in AM & PM Sessions) will make creative work easier for newcomers, faster for professionals, and better for executives who must navigate a new landscape.
Led by John Gauntt, an expert in podcasting and AI, you'll receive hands-on training to enhance your storytelling and technical skills. NOTE: these workshops are offered for an additional fee. For full details, visit the Eventbrite links below:
EVOLUTIONS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS CLOSE TOMORROW
Join us for FREE at your first-ever Evolutions!
We are thrilled to announce that we are now accepting applications for an exciting opportunity to receive a scholarship to attend the highly anticipated Evolutions event this March in Los Angeles! This is your chance to join industry leaders, innovators, and experts in a dynamic environment, where you can expand your knowledge and network with like-minded individuals.
This scholarship is for people who are new to podcasting, have never attended Podcast Movement, and would not be able to attend if they were not scholarship recipients. APPLICATIONS CLOSE TOMORROW!
More Awesome Speakers!
Last week we revealed the FULL SCHEDULE for Evolutions 2024, and we could not be more thrilled with how it’s shaping up.
DON’T FORGET: For Evolutions, you buy a pass based on the educational content you’re interested in:
- Fundamentals / Beginner Pass – Only gets you access to the fundamentals/beginner stage, all keynotes, and expert talks.
- Podcaster Pass – Gets you access to all three podcaster stages, the fundamentals/beginner stage, all keynotes, and expert talks.
- Industry Pass – Gets you access to both industry stages, the Industry Pass Lounge, all three podcaster stages, the fundamentals/beginner stage, all keynotes, and expert talks.
And of course, all passes will get you into our big iHeart party on Wednesday night, as well as various networking and extra opportunities around the event.
With those awesome tracks, we’re excited to announce some more sessions and speakers taking place on them this week:
Industry Track – Focused on “the business of podcasting”
(Must have Industry Pass to Participate)
- 2024 Podcast Outlook: Listener Growth & Audience Trends w/ Daryl Battaglia of Triton Digital
- From Pitch to Launch: Pineapple Street Studios’ Guide to Navigating the Podcast Development Journey w/ Jess Hackel, Kat Aaron, and Je-Anne Berry of Audacy's Pineapple Street Studios
- Host-Read or Programmatic: Choosing the Right Podcast Advertising Strategy w/ Stephanie Bower of Horizon Media
- Music to their Ears: What Brands Want From Audio w/ Kezia Koo of Indeed
Podcaster Track – Sessions geared towards podcast creation, growth, and monetization
(Must have Podcaster or Industry Pass to Participate)
- Bad Friends, Good Producers: An Unfiltered Discussion about the Rapidly Growing World of YouTube-first Podcast Creation w/ Grace Lê of 7EQUIS
- Building Buyer’s Trust with Insights and Data in the Programmatic Podcast Advertising Space w/ Pete Birsinger of Podscribe
- Help! I started an advice podcast: what do I do next? w/ Jenée Desmond-Harris of Slate
- How to Build an Active Community with Lessons From the Broadcasting Community w/ Charlene Gotto of Go-To Productions
- IF YOU KNOW HOW IT ENDS, YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG: Why podcasters should be taking more risks, not less, in narrative nonfiction storytelling w/ Dan Taberski of Cadence13
- Maximize Your Revenue with Dynamic Ad Insertion w/ Erica Mandy of The Newsworthy and Marques Pfaff of Advertisecast
- Monetizing Strategies in Podcasting: A Deep Dive into Subscriptions, Programmatic, and Direct Sales w/ Sharon Taylor of Triton Digital
- Originals, Brands, and One-Man Bands: Stories of Success at Scale w/ Dominic Girard of Pacific Content
- Video Content for Podcasters: How to Grow Your Show on Social Media w/ Natasha Pierre of Shine With Natasha
Fundamentals Track – Sessions geared towards newer podcasters, or those looking to brush up on fundamentals
(All Passes are able to participate)
- How to Avoid the Podcasting Graveyard w/ Jason Zenger of MakingChips LLC
- Leveraging Social Media to Grow a Successful Podcast w/ Andre White of Redacted History
- Speed up and Maximizing Efficiency Across Your Production Workflow w/ Jay Yow of The James Altucher Show
We’ve got more to be announced each week… and keep an eye on our Speakers Page for the list that’s being updated daily!
Join Us for Evolutions this March and PM24 next August!
Join podcasters and industry professionals from around the world for our two big events next year.
Evolutions is March 26-29 in Los Angeles, and Podcast Movement 2024 is August 19-22 in Washington, D.C. Learn more about the differences here.
Both events feature hundreds of educational sessions across curated tracks, an innovative expo hall showcasing the latest tools and technologies, and of course the best networking and parties in podcasting.
IN THE COMMUNITY
Let’s Grow Your Shows
“How the **** are you supposed to grow a podcast?”
If you’ve ever found yourself asking, thinking… or screaming this question aloud, we’ve partnered with the Podcast Marketing Academy to try and get some answers.
PM community member Jeremy Enns is currently organizing a podcast-industry-wide survey to identify the trends, benchmarks, and best practices when it comes to marketing.
But here’s the catch…
The data is only as good as the number of responses we get.
So if you have a show, regardless of topic, format, or download numbers, PLEASE take 6-9 min to complete the survey and share your experience marketing your show.
Oh, and as a bonus for completing the survey you’ll also be automatically be entered to win some pretty sweet prizes to help you grow your show!
Our California Meetups were Amazing!
Thanks to everyone who joined us this week in San Diego and Los Angeles. We can’t wait to be back in less than two months for Evolutions 2024!
Keep an eye out for a Vegas meetup this April as well as tours of the northeast and midwest this summer.
Let’s keep the momentum going next week! Don’t forget to save your spot to Evolutions before prices go up NEXT WEEK, and we’ll see you then!
Team Podcast Movement
- Evolutions by Podcast Movement
Los Angeles, CA
March 26-29, 2024
- Podcast Movement 2024
August 19-22, 2024