This is a weekly newsletter for Podcast Movement event and community updates. For more industry-focused daily news, subscribe to the PodMov Daily here.
T-minus TWO WEEKS until Evolutions!
We're getting closer and closer to Evolutions every day. This week, we're sharing more about virtual attendance and the latest sessions, speakers, and keynote panel.
Before we dive in, prices increase TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT. Make sure you grab your pass before then for the lowest possible cost!
PM EVENT NEWS
Evolutions Virtual Attendance
Not able to join us in-person in Los Angeles? Join us virtually instead!
Evolutions takes place across five live virtual stages, featuring nearly 100 workshops, breakout sessions, panels, and keynote talks from some of the most successful names, brightest minds, and biggest brands in our industry.
Choose your track and get access to every session on those tracks LIVE, and then enjoy them on-demand a few weeks after the conclusion of the event. It's the best way to get the in-person experience from anywhere in the world.
If you're already registered for in-person attendance, don't worry – you're already set up for access to all of your track's session recordings!
Featured Session Announcement
The Spoke Media team joins the keynote stage for their panel, “Making Great Sh*t On Time, On Budget, On Point.” The panel includes Spoke Media's Coordinating Producer, Aleisha Force; Coordinating Producer, DaLaura Patton; and Executive Producer, Janielle Kastner.
The team takes the stage on Friday, March 25 at 8:30 am to discuss how they've learned to create beautiful art from impossible constraints. This session will be valuable for all attendees, no matter where they are in their podcasting journey.
Podcasting on YouTube
We've just announced that taking the stage on Friday, March 25 at 12:00 pm on our Creator Track (open to all attendees) will be Kai Chuk, Director of Partnerships at YouTube. This will be a session you won't want to miss. We'll have more information soon!
New Evolutions Sessions and Speakers
Check out the latest round of sessions and speakers for the Industry, Creator, and Pro Podcaster Tracks. Each track is carefully curated to be a well-rounded offering of discussions covering the spectrum of podcasting. Find out which track is best for you.
The latest Creator Track sessions and speakers are:
- All Together Now: Audio Drama with Ensemble Casts presented by Raul Vega of Phantom Ape Productions
- Amplifying Diverse Voices and Connecting with Audiences presented by Abigail West and Martha Little of Audible
- Creating A Daily Podcast Throughout Uncertain Times presented by Brad Mielke and Kelly Terez of Start Here from ABC News, Eve Troeh and Pablo Torre of ESPN, and Liz Alesse of ABC News Podcast Programming
- How I Made $50K in Sponsorship Revenue & Landed My First Sponsor Before Launching Vertical Farming Podcast presented by Harry Duran of Podcast Junkies and Vertical Farming Podcast
- How to build your brand and grow an audience (and get your high school degree at the same time) presented by Pierre Tettart of Spotify
- Passion with Purpose: The Power of Mission-Driven Podcasts presented by Lara Dalch of She Knows the Way
The latest Pro Podcaster Track sessions and speakers are:
- AI-assisted Editing & Production presented by Amanda Elliot of Kast Media and Zac Schmidt of Spotify
- Brown Table Talks, South Asians in Podcasting presented by Anchal Chand of Rukus Avenue Radio
- BUILDing You Up: An Inside Look At The New Industry Masterclass presented by Renay Richardson of Broccoli Productions
- Innovative Podcasting for 2022 and Beyond! presented by Amelia Chappelow of Earwolf
- Joining a Network: How to Know if it’s the Right Time to Partner presented by Adam Sachs of Team Coco, Kristin Myers of United Talent Agency, and Nicola Twilley of Gastropod
- Podcasting for Social Impact / UN Sustainable Development Goals presented by Anupama Bhardwaj of Women Investing in Women DIGITAL
- The Evolution of Remote Recording presented by Rock Felder and Zachariah Moreno of SquadCast.fm
The latest Industry Track sessions and speakers are:
- Elevating the Audio Format & Brand Partnerships presented by Amanda DiMarco of Veritonic
- Understanding your Audience to Grow Your Podcast presented by Colin Thomson of Kast Media and Rabia Chaudry of Nighty Night/Undisclosed
Safety Guidelines at Evolutions
We know you might have questions about the safety precautions that will be in place later this month in Los Angeles. We will be following all safety measures required of us by the State of California and the County of Los Angeles.
The most essential information to know (and plan for) is that all attendees must show proof of full vaccination, or a pre-entry (diagnostic) negative test result prior to entry (taken within 24 hours of the start of the event if an antigen test or 48 hours of the start of the event if a PCR test).
Please visit this page for the full safety requirements and FAQs.
Join Us for Evolutions 2022 and PM 2022
Prices increase TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT
Join podcasters and industry professionals from around the world for our two big events in 2022! Register by midnight for savings of over $100 per pass!
Evolutions this March 23-26 in Los Angeles, and Podcast Movement 2022 this August 23-26 in Dallas, TX. Learn more about the differences here.
Each event features hundreds of educational sessions spread across carefully curated tracks, amazing expo halls to discover the latest podcasting tools and technologies, and of course the best networking events and parties in podcasting!
You're officially caught up on everything Evolutions! We just want to thank you again for being a part of this amazing and ever-growing community. Your support means the world to us!
The Podcast Movement Team