Podcastle is a unique all-in-one platform for audio content creation. You can conduct multitrack remote interviews, edit, remove pauses and background noise with their AI-powered tools. Also available on iOS.
This is a weekly newsletter for Podcast Movement event and community updates. For more industry-focused daily news, subscribe to the PodMov Daily here.
We're officially ONE MONTH away from Evolutions!
This week’s newsletter is filled with exciting announcements, from keynote sessions to the official parties taking place next month. Let's dive in.
PM EVENT NEWS
Keynote Sessions Announcement
We're excited to announce our first keynote session for Evolutions next month.
Will Ferrell joins Conal Byrne (CEO, Digital Audio Group at iHeartMedia) to discuss his experience hosting his own The Ron Burgundy Podcast, and growth of his Big Money Players podcast network.
The Big Money Players Network is a destination for comedy podcasts – both scripted and unscripted. BMP features long-running hits like Las Culturistas with Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang, alongside new shows like The Nikki Glaser Podcast and POOG with Kate Berlant and Jacqueline Novak.
Next week we'll have another huge keynote announcement, so stay tuned!
Evolutions Networking Events & Parties
While folks first decide to come to Podcast Movement for the amazing sessions and panels, many say their favorite parts are the networking and parties (and of course the food and drinks!)
This year's social lineup in Los Angeles can't be beat:
Acast Evolutions Kickoff Party
Wednesday, March 23 (time TBA)
Tom's Watch Bar
Join Acast and the rest of the PM family for an open bar, custom podcast-themed cocktails, passed appetizers, and more!
Thursday, March 24 – 8:00 pm
GRAMMY Museum Rooftop Terrace
iHeart throws the biggest parties at Podcast Movement, and this one will surely rank amongst the best. Everyone is invited for an open bar, passed appetizers, and live music, including a DJ set by Paris Hilton!
Friday Morning Snacks with Produce Your Podcast and Blubrry
Friday, March 25 – 9:30 am
Get fueled up while also chatting about growing your podcast audience with the experts from Produce Your Podcast and Blubrry!
Friday Afternoon Glassbox Media Party
Friday, March 25 – 4:30 pm
After the last sessions of the day, get the weekend going right with a drink and music courtesy of Glassbox Media.
Friday Night with Simplecast
Friday, March 25 – 7:30 pm
Before you hit the town, stop by the Simplecast Creator Connection for an open bar, passed apps, live chain-stitching for your merch, a photobooth, the latest on exciting new Simplecast features, and more — come for good vibes with fellow creators.
New Evolutions Sessions and Speakers
This week we're sharing the latest sessions and speakers on the Industry, Creator, and Pro Podcaster Tracks. Each track is carefully curated to be a well-rounded offering of discussions covering the spectrum of podcasting. Find out which track is best for you.
The fifth round of Industry Track sessions and speakers are:
- Creating a Welcoming Company Culture in Podcasting presented by Jasmine Hammond of Pod People
- IP: A Two Way Street presented by Kelly Garner of Treefort Media
- Show Me The Money! The Role of Data & Insights in Elevating your ROI presented by Korri Kolesa of Veritonic
- The Perfect Podcast Plan: Using data to craft the most effective podcast advertising plan on a budget presented by John Goforth of Magellan AI
- The Problem with Programmatic presented by Krystina Rubino of Right Side Up
- Understanding your Audience to Grow Your Podcast presented by Harris Lane of Kast Media
The sixth round of Creator Track sessions and speakers are:
- Hindsight is 20/20: What we wish we knew when starting a podcasting company presented by Jenny Kaplan of Wonder Media Network
- How Authenticity Can Leverage Your Podcast presented by Erica Dickerson and Milah Mapp of Good Moms Bad Choices
- The (non-corporate) corporate podcast: How to conceptualize and launch it successfully presented by Madeline Johannsen of Data Science Mixer, Alter Everything/Alteryx
- We're Getting Out The Vote: How to use podcasts to amplify big cultural moments presented by Cenk Uygur, John Iadarola, Judith Benezra, and Rashad Richey of TYT Network, and Trace Gaynor of Acast
- What the Kids can Teach Us – The Secrets of Kids and Family Audio presented by Meredith Halpern-Ranzer of Tinkercast
The sixth round of Professional Podcaster Track sessions and speakers are:
- Podcasting and the Creator Economy presented by Alan Abdine of Rooster Teeth and The Roost
PODCAST MOVEMENT UNIVERSITY
This section is for Podcast Movement University news and upcoming events. If you have not joined PMU, you can join here for free.
Today at 3:00 pm CT, Mercan Topkara and Dan Daugherty of Sounder join us for a live presentation on how to use audio intelligence to grow your podcast. Join the conversation here.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone next month! Be sure to register soon before late registration pricing kicks in.
See you soon,
The Podcast Movement Team