Greetings PM Family,
Today we bring you a replay presentation from Jamila Souffrant of Journey to Launch & Stephen Hart of Trailblazers.fm. They spoke recently at Shift – the free Podcast Movement University kickoff event.
We are also very excited about the upcoming free Launch Your Podcast challenge on September 1. The class has helped thousands of attendees walk through their podcast launch strategy. Hundreds have successfully launched and relaunched their podcasts because of this endeavor. We also have a recent alumni success story to share with you.
How to Use Your Existing Podcast's Platform to Discuss Current Events
Jamila Souffrant of Journey to Launch & Stephen Hart of Trailblazers.fm recently provided a presentation for the Shift online virtual event. They discussed how to use your podcast's platform to promote causes you believe in and current affairs, even when it might not at first appear to relate to your podcast's normal topic.
We are proud to replay this session just in case you missed it. The conversation covers the following:
- Jamila discusses her podcast episode with Shawn Rochester, “The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black in America,” and the response to that release.
- Why did Jamila decide to replay this episode from February again in June of this year?
- Know Thyself vs. Know Thy Audience – Being clear on your mission, how to integrate authenticity and professionalism into your content, while also understanding how to align this with what your audience wants from you.
- Understanding when to share your opinion publicly without fear from the cancel culture and making sure you can communicate this effectively.
- You approach content outside the box by asking questions and exploring different ideas from your own.
- Leverage other social platforms outside of the podcast (like Instagram Live and Instagram Stories) to test episode ideas and to be more personal by sharing your thoughts.
- Jamila explains how she is trusting her instincts more and looking at content differently based on existing social climate and current events.
- Ask yourself, “Did I enjoy the episode?”
- Live Audience Q&A
Please consider tweeting to Jamila and Stephen to let them know that you what you enjoyed. Want to get social? Tag us @podcastmovement and use the hashtag #PM20.
The Free 28 Day Launch Your Podcast Challenge Returns!
First off, we want to congratulate Adriana Flores-Ragade! Adriana initially launched her podcast LatinxAmerica as a part of the free Podcast Movement 28-Day Challenge over two years ago. Feedspot featured LatinxAmerica in their Top 55 Latino Podcasts! Please consider sending a congratulations tweet to Adriana!
Mark your calendars, new podcasters: The free 28-Day Challenge returns in September! Join dozens of other participants in our online community to build skills and launch with confidence. Please register by next Monday, August 31, to get that show idea started.
Are you celebrating anything recently related to your podcast? If so, please feel free to tell the community about your win in the comments of this Podcast Movement Facebook group admin-approved post (Note: you must be a member of the group to access this link).
Keep recording and publishing,
“We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are.” – Tobias Wolff, In Pharaoh's Army