Greetings PM Family,
You may have heard the expression that “less is more.” It's right in many situations. For example, we are keeping this week's newsletter shorter because there's a lot of useful info to digest. However, when it comes to the session lineup at Evolutions, we refused to hold back. Podcast Movement is pleased to share even more presentations with you this week! The schedule was stacked already, but we keep adding to it! What can we say? We appreciate this community.
We also have some essential community updates to review!
Let's take a look.
More Sessions Announced for Evolutions!
Evolutions has so many amazing sessions already. Can you believe that we have even more to announce this week? #Boom
Industry Professional Track (accessible by everyone with Industry Pro Pass):
- Joey Kovac of Manscaped shares “Podcasting from a Brand Perspective.”
- Will Pearson of iHeart and Jake Brennan of Disgraceland discuss “Innovative Channels to Reach the Masses.”
- Emily Rasekh and Laura Mayer of Sony Music share “A Leap into the Podcast World.”
- Anna Sullivan and Joel Withrow of Spotify present “Streaming Ad Insertion and the Future of Podcast Monetization.”
- Steven Goldstein of Amplifi Media asks the question “Why Podcasts Aren't Doing Well on Smart Speakers.”
- Sharon Taylor of Omny Studio, Stacey Goers of NPR, and Dave Zohrob of Chartable discuss “Privacy and Podcasting.”
Professional Podcaster Track (accessible by everyone with Professional Podcaster Pass and Industry Pro Pass):
- Stuart Coxe, Kathleen Goldhar, and Rudyard Griffiths of Antica Productions present “Making Podcasts for Foundations and Non-Profit Organizations.”
- Busy Philipps, Caissie St. Onge, and Sim Sarna of Cloud10 Media discuss “Breaking the Digital Media Mold.”
Creator Track (accessible by everyone with Creator Pass and Professional Podcaster Pass):
- Todd Cochrane of Blubrry presents “RSS In the Modern Era.”
- Scott Esterson of Audionamix tells us, “How to Make Your Podcast Sound Good and Not Like It”s Recorded in a Bathroom.”
- Rob Greenlee of Libsyn shares “How to Grow Deep Listener/Co-host Connections and Loyalty.”
- Dave Jackson of the School of Podcasting discusses the importance of “Your Podcast First Impression.”
Expo Bonus Stage (open to all pass types):
- Laura Rojas Aponte of Radio Ambulante and Daniel Raynaud of Jiveworld present “Creative Partnerships that Pay.”
Podcast Movement Community Updates
Evolutions App Webinar
We are hosting a webinar tomorrow, Thursday, January 30, at 3 pm ET/noon PT to do a walkthrough of the Evolutions app and to make sure you're getting the most out of it. Please make plans to join us! We will have the replay available if you are not able to join us live.
Speaker Submissions Are Now Open for PM20 in Dallas!
The Podcast Movement speaker submission form for PM20 this August in Dallas is now open! We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to submit your session ideas. We have received numerous emails from individuals that wish to be considered for a presentation after the submission process has closed. We don't enjoy telling them that the ship has sailed. Seize the day!
The recent tragedy with Kobe Bryant, his beautiful daughter Gianna and others that lost their lives in a helicopter accident has served as a painful, but important reminder.
PM family member Stephen A. Hart made the following comment in light of these events, “We don’t know the time or the hour, but we must live every minute doing what matters most! Don’t take for granted how precious this one life is. Hug those who you consider special and tell them you love them. That’s what matters most in the end when it’s all said and done!”
Thank you for using your gifts, resources, and energy to use your podcasts to share your voice with the world. We are inspired by your efforts and plan to continue to help you to grow in these endeavors.