Greetings PM Family,
In a few hours, PM Virtual kicks off with our opening party…but it's not too late to join us! In case you are on the fence, we want you to be up to speed on everything cool that is happening in hopes that we can “see” you there!.
This Week's Highlights
On our two main event days (Tuesday and Thursday) we'll kick things off with two amazing keynote sessions that you won't want to miss!
Tom Webster of Edison Research
Tuesday, October 20 11:00 am ET
Tom has been a staple keynote speaker at Podcast Movement for years, and it is always one of the attendee's favorite sessions. Join us to kick off the event!
International Emerging Markets in Podcasting moderated by James Cridland of Podnews
Tuesday, October 20 11:30 am ET
Podcasting is growing domestically, but what does growth around the world look like, specifically in markets that we don't often discuss? This panel brings together podcasters from Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia to share what the scene is like where they live, and where the trends are heading.
Live Conversation with Mark Cuban
Thursday, October 22 11:00 am ET
Join Erica Mandy of The NewsWorthy podcast, as she has a live conversation with Shark Tank's Mark Cuban. Cuban was an early innovator in the online audio space, and now is involved in many industries and nearly all forms of media. We can't wait to hear what he has to say about business, media, and podcasting.
The Rise of Daily News Podcasts (In An Election Year!)
Thursday, October 22 11:30 am ET
In this session, you'll hear from the brains—and voices—behind some of the most popular daily news podcasts about how their shows' growing popularity, the ways in which they have responded to the needs of a growing audience, and how they have reinvented the notion of what a typical newscast should consist of and sound like.
Featuring Martine Powers with Post Reports (The Washington Post), Mary Harris from What Next (Slate), Paige Cowett with The Daily (New York Times), Sean Rameswaram from Today, Explained (Vox) and Neal Carruth with NPR
Parties/Networking Events/Evening Events
- Opening Party: Trivia & Networking – presented by Spreaker – Monday, October 19 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm ET
In this fun-filled session, players will answer an assortment of questions to find out how well they really know the podcasting industry! Contenders will be challenged on the topics of podcasting and general knowledge trivia. Of course, like any great Trivia, the winner will receive a fabulous prize! Play, network and enjoy our welcome party led by the host Ivey Amburgey.
- Libsyn and She Podcasts present: Ghoul's Night Out – Tuesday, October 20, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM ET
Join your fellow female and non-binary podcasters for a virtual meet-up with lots of frightening fun for everyone! Let's “get batty” with a Halloween costume party, let the DJ play some monster-mash-ups, we'll conjure up some spooky spirits (both cock-and-mocktails) and end the evening with some hair-raising tales, told by bewitching podcasters familiar with stories from beyond the grave. This virtual meetup will be the most devilish fun you could possibly have online- and who better to have it with than your fellow podcasting pals! Excited to see you there!
- Podcasters of Color Networking Event – presented by ABC News – Thursday, October 22, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM ET
This event is open to everyone.
A Few Highlighted Sessions
- Mastering Membership : A Deep-Dive Into Best Practices – Tuesday, October 20, 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM ET
- Microphone Technology: Understanding Your Sound – Tuesday, October 20, 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM ET
- How To Get Your Groove Back: Reviving Your Podcast & Building Momentum – Tuesday, October 20, 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM ET
- Add Video to Your Audio Podcast and See Your Numbers Grow! – Tuesday, October 20, 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM ET
- The Facebook Ads Blueprint for Podcasters: Turn Your Listeners into Buyers – Tuesday, October 20, 5:30 PM to 6:00 PM ET
- Spotify for Podcasters – Thursday, October 22, 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM ET
- Podcast Neighborhoods: How to Find Niches You Didn’t Even Know Existed – Thursday, October 22, 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM ET
- Think and Start a Podcast – Thursday, October 22, 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM ET
- Accessibility – Are Your Podcasts ADA compliant? – Thursday, October 22, 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM ET
Enter your podcast work in the 25th Annual Webby Awards
Enter your podcast work in the 25th Annual Webby Awards, the most prestigious international award for online work!
This anniversary season, The Webbys has introduced new categories to adapt to the changing nature of the Internet. New categories include Podcast honors for Individual Episodes and Diversity and Inclusion; new Social categories for Interview/Talk Show, Best Editing, Best Influencer and Performance and Dance; brand new Virtual & Remote categories, and more.
New judges reviewing podcasting work include Nikole Hannah-Jones, Creator of The 1619 Project; Shereen Marisol Meraji, Host of Code Switch; Luvvie Ajayi, Host of Jesus and Jollof. Plus judges including Bill Simmons, Host of The Bill Simmons Podcast and Alex Blumberg, Co-founder of Gimlet Media.
Work is honored across Websites and Mobile Sites; Video; Advertising, Media & PR; Social; Podcasts; Games and new this year Apps and Software and Virtual & Remote.
To take advantage of early entry pricing…enter before the Early Deadline on Friday, October 30th at webbyawards.com !
We appreciate your support for the community. We hope that you will join us for PM Virtual!
“Decide what you want, and then act as if it were impossible to fail.” – Brian Tracy