Podcast Movement has received great feedback from the community about our upcoming conference in Nashville this August. However, we certainly understand that not everyone can come to Podcast Movement 2021 due to travel restrictions, safety concerns, or financial limitations. So in this issue, we'll share a bit more information on the Virtual Attendance option for PM21.
As we march towards the conference, we are doing a small four-city regional meetup tour in cities in-and-around the Nashville area. Our team is greatly looking forward to hanging out and networking with you all in a safe setting, and we're excited to share with you the specific details.
If you have been wanting to start a podcast, but haven't done anything about it (or have had some start-and-stops along the way), sign-up for the free 28 Day Launch Your Podcast Challenge that begins on May 4. This class will cover all of your equipment and setup needs to start in the art of podcasting (hint, you can do it with no budget if needed). There's no better way to get your first or next podcast off the ground.
Finally, we also have some exciting community updates, including several upcoming free live training sessions. Let's dive in to see what they are!
“The Road to PM21” Regional Meetup Tour
Sponsored by Spreaker
Podcast Movement couldn't be more excited to have in-person meetups again. We are honored to partner with Spreaker to bring you this awesome opportunity to meet up in four cities in the southeast this June. We will be outdoors, encouraging masks, with ample room for social distancing, and the chance to visit with your fellow area podcasters! Please RSVP using the links to the cities below.
If you're in the area, we can't wait to see you there! And if you're not, we encourage you to check out all of the Podcast Movement Local Meetup groups and join the one nearest to you!
PM21 Virtual Ticket: What to Know
If you know you can't make it to Podcast Movement this August in Nashville, we're thrilled to be making our Virtual Attendance option available, and are excited to share with you a few facts about this year's Virtual Ticket:
- Virtual Attendees will be able to watch live streams of all sessions taking place across several of our most popular stages, including:
- Keynote / Featured Session Stage
- Creation Track Stage
- Industry Track Stage
- Marketing Track Stage
- Monetization Track Stage
- In addition to watching all the sessions live on those five stages, soon after the event concludes, you'll have on-demand video access to sessions on those stages, and all 100+ sessions that are taking place on the other stages.
- Exclusive “Virtual Expo Hour” each day where in-person exhibitors will staff their virtual booths to have the opportunity to meet with virtual attendees, just like they were walking the physical expo hall floor.
- If you were to register for the Virtual Pass, and later decide to attend, you'd be able to simply pay a small upgrade fee (the difference between your virtual registration cost, and the cost of a standard pass at the time you registered), and you'll be all set to be there with us!
The 28-Day Launch Your Podcast Challenge Returns on May 4
Reminder: The 28-Day Launch Your Podcast Challenge (sponsored by Buzzsprout) returns on May 4. If you are ready to take the plunge and finally get your podcast idea off the ground, this free class is for you!
PM Community Updates!
If you haven't already, please consider watching some of our recent sessions from Podcast Movement University. Podcast Movement University is free to join, and you can watch the recordings from all the past live events!
Upcoming Training in Podcast Movement University (Free to Join):
- Introducing the Podcasting, Seriously Awards Fund with Juleyka Lantigua-Williams – Friday, April 30 – 1:00 pm ET
- How to Pick the Best Podcasts to be a Guest with Tom Schwab (Interview Valet) – Tuesday, May 4 – 1:00 pm ET
- Turning Fans into Friends with Chris Vasquez (AWeber) – Thursday, May 6 – 4:00 pm ET
- Edit Better with Audacity with Steve Stewart – Tuesday, May 11 – 4:00 pm ET
The next New Member Welcome Event is on Thursday, April 29, at 1:00 pm ET. If you are new to the Podcast Movement community, then this is the event that you do not want to miss. We provide a quick overview of the community and then welcome you to the stage to share about yourself and your podcast/podcast idea. Please make plans to join us tomorrow!
Summer is on its way! We are very excited about the growth of the community and the chance to see each other in person (or virtually) this August in Nashville. Thank you for being a part of the Podcast Movement family.
Team Podcast Movement
“Tolerance isn't about not having beliefs. It's about how your beliefs lead you to treat people who disagree with you.” – Timothy Keller