Greetings PM Family,
We will be keeping this edition of the weekly newsletter short so you can enjoy the holiday week with your friends and family. However, we do want to provide some additional speaker announcements for Evolutions, so let the unwrapping begin!
Fa La La La: PM Evolutions
Speaker Announcements – Round 2!
Podcast Movement is pleased to share with you the second round of speakers selected for the inaugural PM Evolutions event this February 12 – 15, 2020, in Los Angeles at the Millennium Biltmore! We have not listed all of the speakers below but you can check out this link to learn about all the speakers and their sessions!
New sessions announced for the Industry Professional Track:
- Dana Elmquist of Market Enginuity and Cort Irish of Claritas discuss “Attribution Models Driving Advertiser Adoption“
- Dan Misener of Pacific Content and Brent Simoneaux of Red Hat share “How Red Hat cut through the tech podcast clutter by super-serving a niche audience“
- Matt Turck of Megaphone tells us why “Podcast Ad Tech is Finally Ready for Prime Time“
- Andrew Jones of Streamguys talks about “Using Data to Sell Podcast Sponsorships“
New sessions announced for the Podcast Professional Track:
- Eric Nuzum of Magnificent Noise (and formerly of NPR and Audible) shares “The Three Emerging Myths of Podcasting in 2020.”
- Laura Benson of Patreon presents “Build a lasting membership community“
- Jamie Lieberman of Hashtag Legal discusses “How to Cover Your (Ass)ets When Growing Your Podcast“
- Jonathan Zenti of Voxnest teaches “How to Create Content for the Emerging International Podcast Landscape“
- Gordon Firemark of “The Podcast Lawyer” discusses “Content Acquisition and Compensation Structures for Podcasters“
- Wil Harris of Entale tackles “Machine Listening: How AI is impacting the future of Podcasting“
New sessions announced for the Creator Track (Active Podcaster):
- Shannon Martin and John Kiernan of Podbean show you how to “Use Livestreaming To Grow Your Podcast Audience“
- Anney Reese and Samantha McVey of “Stuff Mom Never Told You” share why you should “Get Angry,” and turn it into conversations about activism in podcasting
- Amy Fitzgibbons, Sarah Breitenother, and Paul Riismandel of Stitcher tell you why “Millions of New Podcast Listeners Can’t Be Wrong: Here’s What You Need To Know About Them“
- Agnes Kozera of Podcorn discusses “What Every Podcaster Needs to Know About Podcast Monetization“
- Candace Howze of “Meraki Mentors” presents “Podcast Transcripts: Don't Be Caught Empty-Handed“
- Rodrigo Llop of Azul Chiclamino takes to the “Podcast Lab: Taking Advantage of Experimenting“
New sessions announced for the Creator Track (New Podcaster):
- Josh Miely & Gagan Nirula of the National Association of Broadcasters share “Technology Tips for Beginner Podcasters“
- August McLaughlin of “Girl Boner Radio”, and Rubi Skilton, discuss “Creative Sponsorships“
- Andrea Sager of Andrea Sager Law will tell you all about “Copyrights & Trademarks for Podcasters“
- Rich Jones of “The Show Starter” and “Paychecks & Balances” shows “How to Save Time and Mental Space by Creating a Workflow That Works“
- T.H. Ponders of “Accession” shares the importance of “Mastering Your Pitch“
- Maurice Smith of “Category Is…” encourages you to “Speak Up! – Using Your Voice (Even If You Think No One is Listening)“
We will share additional speaker and session announcements next week, but remember to learn about all the announced speakers HERE!
New Years Resolutions – Quick Reminder!
The 28 Day Launch Your Podcast Challenge Returns on January 1 – Podcast Movement is excited to partner with Acast to bring back this FREE challenge next month. Acast Open has its podcast production offerings available to any brand or publisher wanting to start a podcast. Acast Open includes three subscription models — Starter, Influencer, and Ace — that come with different levels of support and analytics.
The 28 Day Launch challenge is perfect for anyone that is wanting to start their podcast and could benefit from a set of daily steps that go from zero to launch in 28 days. It also offers a private community setting for encouragement and support from members of the PM team and fellow students that are also going through the process. Did we mention that it is completely free? Please feel free to share with your friends.
What a bright time, it's the right time to rock the night away! We will back next week with a few more mini-announcements. We will get back into our regular routine for the weekly newsletter after the new year! In the meantime, we encourage you to enjoy the holidays!
Just like ornaments on the tree, we love hanging with you,