This is a weekly newsletter for Podcast Movement event and community updates. For more industry-focused daily news, subscribe to the PodMov Daily here.
Welcome back, family!
This week, we're thrilled to announce the first round of sessions that will take place at Evolutions this March. Each track will cover a variety of topics, including booking guests and growing listenership. Not sure what the differences are between the tracks? Here's how to choose which one is right for you.
Before we dive in, a quick reminder: The Super Early Bird Sale for Evolutions ends tonight. Register before midnight to get the best deal on your tickets.
PM EVENT NEWS
Every week, we'll be sharing a new batch of sessions from all three tracks: Creator, Professional Podcaster, and Industry Professional. This week, we're focusing on those first two.
The Creator Track is catered to hobbyist and newer podcasters who are looking to grow/monetize their show and learn about the latest tools and tech.
The first round of Creator Track sessions are:
- All Together Now: Audio Drama with Ensemble Casts presented by Hannah Wright of Inn Between and Tal Minear of Sidequesting
- DAWs for Dummies presented by Brad Colbroock of Holographic Voice Arts and Tal Minear of Sidequesting
- From Podcast to Comic: One Podcast's Adventures in Thinking Inside the Box presented by Shannon Perry of Oz 9
- How To Interview To Get the Best Conversation Possible presented by Christine Blackburn of Story Worthy Media
- How to Launch a Daily Podcast in 30 Days presented by Lindsay Graham of AIRSHIP
- How to Use Instagram and Facebook Groups to Help Your Ideal Listeners Find You presented by Gillian Tietz of Sober Powered
- Let's Get Technical presented by Dan Hughley of Focusrite
- Making A Big-Budget Show with Shoestring Funds presented by Tal Minear of Sidequesting
- Podcast Partnerships: The Key to Podcast Growth presented by Lauren Passell of Tink Media (and Podcast the Newsletter)
- The Art Of Booking Guests presented by Laura Cathcart Robbins of The Only One In The Room
- The Essentials of a Podcast Website presented by Brenden Mulligan of Podpage
The Professional Podcaster Track is designed for experienced creators who are already making a living from their podcast or podcast business, or who are aspiring to do so.
The first round of Professional Podcaster Track sessions are:
- Brown Table Talks, South Asians in Podcasting presented by Ami Thakkar of Tuckered Out with Ami Thakkar
- Effectively Growing Your Podcast Listenership presented by Mike Wiston of mowMedia
- Finding and Growing Your Audience Through Marketing and PR presented by PR and Strategic Communications Professional Meggan Ellingboe
- Podcast Growth: Dark Truths of a Professional Podcast Growth Marketer presented by Sean Howard of Fable and Folly
- The Power of Professional Niche Podcasting presented by Aaron Fritts of BackTable LLC
- What I Wish I Knew When I Started My Network presented by Matty Staudt of Amaze Media Labs
PODCAST MOVEMENT UNIVERSITY
This section is for Podcast Movement University news and upcoming events. If you have not joined PMU, you can join here for free.
Hello Media's co-founders Lindsay Padilla and Nora Sudduth joined us yesterday for a live presentation on the top 5 ways podcasters are using private podcasts to grow their audience and create income. You can watch the full recording of the presentation here.
Last week, we asked the PM community on Twitter about traditions they started for their podcast. Shout out to Coldspot Paranormal Research for reminding us to appreciate team bonding over good food.
Want to be in the spotlight? Join the conversation on Twitter and share your perspective.
GOING ON THIS WEEK
Here's a look at what's happening in the podcasting world this week:
- Today at 3:00 pm CT, Podcast Brunch Club is hosting a Podcast Pitch Party on Twitter Spaces. Podcast creators and fans are invited to pitch their podcast to some of the top podcast newsletters, including Podnews, EarBuds Podcast Collective, Podcast Gumbo, and more. No Twitter account needed to join.
- Applications are due this week for SoundPath’s Edit Mode (today) and Neon Hum Editors’ Bootcamp (Friday). Both are free, extended training programs for narrative podcasting with a focus on experienced candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Tomorrow at 3:00 pm ET is “Super Podcast Growth Hacks for TikTok,” a free webinar from Libsyn. Elsie Escobar will host producer Samuel Donner (Finding Founders, Secret Sauce) to discuss promotion tips and time-saving workflows for the planet’s most addicting video app.
- Job alert: Vox Media is looking for a remote producer to work on Today, Explained. The role includes planning daily programming, booking and interviewing guests, and coming up with smart pitches. The job is open to US residents only.
PODMOV DAILY: INDUSTRY NEWS FOR CREATORS
A Focused Fix for the Podcast Engagement Problem – Listen to your own work with purpose; Podcasting, Seriously on Twitter Spaces today; Building better branded podcasts; Chris Colbert’s “uncomfortable truth” about industry awards
Podcast Work Must Be Paid Work. No Excuses – Surfing the ups and downs of podcast projects; TikTok tips for podcasters; Onboarding listeners with a ‘clip show’; This year’s podcast event calendar
Rethinking Podcast Self-Promo on Twitter – How to boost the benefits of reviews; Breaking the “unconventional decision making” rules; Q&A on early-stage audio careers
That's another week, wrapped. Thanks for sticking with us and we hope to see you soon at Evolutions, whether it's in-person or virtually. Don't forget to register tonight by midnight!
The Podcast Movement Team