This is a weekly newsletter for Podcast Movement event and community updates. For more industry-focused daily news, subscribe to the PodMov Daily here.
We're back this week with some special news!
After a several-year hiatus, we're proud to be partnering with Libsyn to bring back the Podcast Hall of Fame, this March at Evolutions 2022.
The Hall of Fame was started to recognize great podcasters or contributors to the industry with historical impact. We're excited to introduce the new 2022 Hall of Fame class in the coming weeks, as well as honor past inductees.
“I was honored and very excited to be inducted into the Podcast Hall of Fame in 2017 and am happy we will be having another opportunity to celebrate another group of amazingly innovative contributors to the development of the podcasting medium,” said Rob Greenlee, VP, Podcast Content & Partnerships at Libsyn/Advertisecast.
“We will be adding many more deserving inductees in years to come. The 2022 inductees will be amazing Ambassadors to further creator and listener growth.”
The ceremony will take place on Friday, March 25 in the evening after the last session of the day. It will be free and open to the public as well as Evolutions attendees. We will also be streaming the ceremony live for the podcast community around the world.
Stay tuned for the 2022 Hall of Fame nominees, and more details.
PM EVENT NEWS
We're counting down the days until Evolutions 2022 – only 70 days away! Each week we are going to be announcing new updates about the event, including:
- Speakers and session titles/topics
- Keynote announcements
- Information on parties, networking events, and more
One of our favorite parts of any PM event is the Expo Hall. Attendees get hands-on tools, sweet discounts, and free swag. For sponsors, this is a great opportunity to get your company name out there and reach your target audience, face-to-face.
If you're thinking about having a booth at Evolutions, time is running out – we only have FOUR more booths available! Email Kristy@podcastmovement.com to book your spot today!
PODCAST MOVEMENT UNIVERSITY
This section is for Podcast Movement University news and upcoming events. If you have not joined PMU, you can join here for free.
Yesterday, Larry Roberts of Readily Random Media joined us for a live presentation on how to improve the overall listener experience and your techniques as a host. You can watch the full recording of the presentation here.
How to Use Private Podcasts to Monetize Your Audience – Hello Audio's Co-Founders Lindsay Padilla and Nora Sudduth join us on Tuesday, January 18 at 12:00 pm CT for a live presentation on the top 5 ways podcasters are using private podcasts to grow their audience and create income. RSVP for the event here.
Last week, we asked the PM community on Twitter what they would put on their “do not disturb” signs. Shoutout to Nicki Woodard of As The Money Burns for giving us visions of a magic remote.
Want to be in the spotlight? Join the conversation on Twitter and share your perspective.
GOING ON THIS WEEK
Here's a look at what's happening in the podcasting world this week:
- Today at 4:00 pm ET is “Field Reporting for Podcasts” from Podcasting, Seriously. Held on Twitter Spaces, the organization’s weekly meetup will feature an in-depth conversation with Pamela Kirkland, a Field Producer with CNN. No Twitter account needed to join.
- SoundPath's webinar “Creating a Podcast Pitch Deck and Budget” is tomorrow at 3:00 pm ET. Bodies host and producer Allison Behringer will go step-by-step through building a compelling pitch deck and a realistic budget. $10 registration for non-AIR members.
- Applications for NPR’s summer internships will be accepted until Friday, January 14. A total of 42 internships (all paid, of course) are available to current college students and recent graduates, including on podcast teams for The Limits, Alt.Latino, Planet Money, Life Kit, and more.
- Gig alert: The Podcast Agency is looking for a Podcast Assistant to assist with drafting blogs, social media posts, and other tasks. This position is fully remote and compensation is £12-£15 an hour based on experience.
PODMOV DAILY: INDUSTRY NEWS FOR CREATORS
Back to (Better) Basics in Podcasting – Plus: The art of asking listeners for money; Podcast growth tips for TikTok; The Kitchen Sisters enter the Library of Congress; Another podcast using your show’s name
How AI is Shaping the Future of Podcast Sound – Plus: Why podcasting “hasn’t produced a new hit in years”; Today's Twitter Space on field reporting for podcasts; Building a pitch deck and budget step by step
Spotify Rolls Out Visual, Clickable Ads for Podcasts – Plus: Clubhouse opens up web listening in the US; A great episode swap, explained; LinkedIn to launch Clubhouse-style audio events; Africa Podfest’s stop in Lagos today.
Just a quick reminder to register for one or both of our events happening this year. We're so excited to see everyone soon, whether you're joining in person or virtually.
Don't forget to tune in next week for more details on what's to come at Evolutions this March!
Until next time,
The Podcast Movement Team